FR: Maintenance Announcement

MSattler

Adrifresh

Thank you.

I don't quite understand, but I'm not in a hurry. This is a good start into why it works.

Have a great weekend.

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, Adrifresh said:

Thank you.

I don't quite understand, but I'm not in a hurry. This is a good start into why it works.

Have a great weekend.

Added white-space then add \A for line break.

/*--- Announcement text at top of home page ---*/

.verticalSection.section0:before {
    content: "Shut Down Monday \A for Maintenance";
    white-space: pre-wrap;
    position: relative;
    font-size: 150%;
    color: red;
    justify-content: center;
    display: flex;
}

test1.thumb.jpg.1e1f03b33fed57ab9c9846feca47211f.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
ginjaninja

My Emby users and I regularly communicate about matters relating to Emby; often about recommendations, service, and requests. A 'simple' message system within Emby would be very welcome.

So here is a user communication feature request starter.

As an admin, on the web client, I want to control users permissions to send messages to

• none
  • selected users
  • all users

As an admin, on the web client, I want a user setting "hide this recipient from send message interface*" [y/n], default to hidden.

As any user on the web client, I want to send messages to selected [multiselect] user(s)/ all users. I want to construct messages using URLs (inc. links to media items) and text in the body alongside a subject. As a user I would like to be able to be able to compose new messages from "[my ]messages" form and from the context menu on media items (auto populate body with link to media item). As an admin I would expect to see hidden users* when selecting recipients.

As any user on any client (initially web client), I want an indicator** for 'new messages' and a link to "[my ]messages" form on the home page. "My messages" sorted by sent recent first,  showing "date sent, subject, sender". I want to be able to click on a message to see the subject/body detail...automatically set opened message as old. The UI should allow the reader to navigate to library URLs. **Perhaps a pulsing user profile icon would be a good new message indicator with "[my ]messages" being a menu item under the user profile icon.

thanks for considering.

visproduction

What about letting members publish contact info or not, per other members?  I think creating, even a server plugin message system takes a huge amount of dev to setup and support.  If there was messaging up and running, there is still support time and troubleshooting.  I think you are looking at months of dev time in a year.  Just letting members control who can see their contact info is much easier.  All the features are handled by the other contact service.  Media service features are more important.  Messaging will pull you away from your speciality.  Just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Just my 2 cents about this subject.

I modified the css above to better suits my taste and ended up with this:

• It blinks slowly
  • The text color follows the user theme
  • It is centered

content: "Your text message";
    color: var(--theme-accent-text-color);
    text-align: center;
}

animation: blinker 3s cubic-bezier(0, 1.12, 0.65, 0.94) infinite;
}

@keyframes blinker {
  50% {
    opacity: 0;
  }
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tangsgod
4 hours ago, nSGecko said:

Just my 2 cents about this subject.

I modified the css above to better suits my taste and ended up with this:

• It blinks slowly
  • The text color follows the user theme
  • It is centered

content: "Your text message";
    color: var(--theme-accent-text-color);
    text-align: center;
}

animation: blinker 3s cubic-bezier(0, 1.12, 0.65, 0.94) infinite;
}

@keyframes blinker {
  50% {
    opacity: 0;
  }
}

Sorry for the noob question, but where to put this code in order to have it work?

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, Tangsgod said:

Sorry for the noob question, but where to put this code in order to have it work?

457167062_Screenshot2022-01-27141108.thumb.png.968c27798b03bd9425bf2ebc779b0e55.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
digitalirony

This is nice for the webclient, but doesn't seem to show up on the android or firetv clients. Is there anything we can do CSS wise to also show things on these clients?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, digitalirony said:

This is nice for the webclient, but doesn't seem to show up on the android or firetv clients. Is there anything we can do CSS wise to also show things on these clients?

No as custom css is specific to web client (HTML) as all other clients are written in a different program language.

mike3821

It would be nice if we had an option to enable a notice message. This message could be used to tell the end users of changes or updates to the server.

I visualize it being a link from the main interface you can click on to read?

somewhere the end user would see it from their streaming device or web.

visproduction

Try setting your router to reserve the address to the server with a fixed virtual IP, if you are using internal DHCP. 

A) The router LAN setting - Address reservation

IP address 192.168.1.50

Device Name: (name of the server)

Mac Address: (servier Nic card Mac address - that might be automatic)

Now the server won't get bumped to a different address by the router when other people login to the network.

B- Port forwarding in Advanced Setup
Set the router port forwarding to a dedicated Internal IP address for the Emby server.
service Name HTTP
External Start Port: 80, 8096, 8920
Internal Start Port: 80, 8096, 8920
Internal IP address: 192.168.1.51

(This uses some other available IP and reserves it to allow Emby to be found and not be bumped when other people login to the network, when your server is turned off.)

This works for me.  Does anyone have any tips or changes to this setup?

• 4 months later...
KobayashiM

[EDIT] Oops, I just realized I plagiarized @Happy2Play (sorry) from whom I learned this in the first place. I'll leave it here all the same in case it helps but credit goes to Happy2Play [/EDIT]

It's been a while since I've been around and not sure if I posted this years ago. But there is another way to add text to the top of the home screen. It's more involved but has the advantage of being able to create links, add images, etc.

Edit the home.html file by adding the following snippet under under the emby-scroller section:

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:80px;text-align:center;position:relative">	
	<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="https://your.hyperlink.here" target="_blank" style="margin: 0 .7em; color: #909092; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none">YOUR TEXT HERE</a>
	<br>
	<br>
</div>

Full example (see attachment for result):

<div class="view flex flex-direction-column withTabs">

<div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="0">

<div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:80px;text-align:center;position:relative">

<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="https://your.hyperlink.here" target="_blank" style="margin: 0 .7em; color: #909092; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none">Submit a request or report an issue</a>
			<br>
			<br>

</div>

<div class="scrollSlider flex-grow padded-top-page sections">
            </div>
            <div class="padded-bottom-page"></div>
        </div>

</div>
    <div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="1">
        <div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="scrollSlider flex-grow padded-top-page sections">
            </div>
            <div class="padded-bottom-page"></div>
        </div>
    </div>

</div>

In Unraid, home.html can be found in the directory: /app/emby/dashboard-ui/home

home_html_personal_links.jpg

Edited by KobayashiM