Emby for Kodi - will not start

hnelson

hnelson

I problem getting the new Emby for Kodi to work 

i have tried it on two separate PC's both fresh install off kodi 14.2 only the emby repo and emby plugin installed

and i get the same error on both :-(

anyone have any clue to what i do wrong ?? 

14:24:33 T:10436   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named KodiMonitor
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\H�kon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                import KodiMonitor
                                            ImportError: No module named KodiMonitor
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by hnelson

hnelson

@@xnappo

Nope still no go. Just updated too the 0.15 version, still the same error on start up and when i try to start it manually inside kodi

Edited by hnelson

Angelblue05

Weird. It's on Windows? Can you go to the appdata > Roaming > Kodi > addon > plugin.video.emby > resources > libs > Verify if there's a Kodi monitor? Or can you try to delete the addon folder, and redownload with the repo again? Hopefully this will help somehow. Let us know.

hnelson

yes it's on windows, r.txt this is what's in appdata > Roaming > Kodi > addon > plugin.video.emby > resources > libs > 

Edited by hnelson

Angelblue05

Could it be the special character in the path?  :unsure:

"C:\Users\H�kon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py"
  • Like 1

hnelson

Ok i made an new user with non Nordic character and now it started as intended 

so it seems not to like the Æ Ø Å characters in the nordic languages  :(

• Like 1