Photos media folder ignores pictures if video present

lang-server

• 6 months later...
the_57th_bob

​I have a similar-but-not-quite-the-same problem. I have a library set to the "photos" type and a hierarchy of folders (YYYY/YYYYMMDD/[content]), and the content of each folder being either photos, or videos, or a mix of photos and videos. In a folder that has a mix, I can see the thumbnails for the photos and icons for the videos (thumbnails are not being generated; that's a separate problem that I'm sure is unrelated).

​When I select a video, that video plays correctly. But when I select a photo, it begins playing the first video. When a video finishes playing it returns to the thumbnail view. I am not able to display the photos.

​I see the same behaviour in the web client and in the iOS app.

​I have attached a server log from immediately after restarting the server and trying to display a photo. The request to display a photo begins on line 182, but I included the whole log because it has version information at the top. I tried turning on the debug log option, but I didn't see any significant debug information in the log so I'm not sure if it worked.

​I was hoping to debug this more myself so I could provide more information, but I have no experience with .NET/Mono development and don't even know where to begin without seeing more detail in the log file.

server-63634929596.txt

​I have a similar-but-not-quite-the-same problem. I have a library set to the "photos" type and a hierarchy of folders (YYYY/YYYYMMDD/[content]), and the content of each folder being either photos, or videos, or a mix of photos and videos. In a folder that has a mix, I can see the thumbnails for the photos and icons for the videos (thumbnails are not being generated; that's a separate problem that I'm sure is unrelated).

​When I select a video, that video plays correctly. But when I select a photo, it begins playing the first video. When a video finishes playing it returns to the thumbnail view. I am not able to display the photos.

​I see the same behaviour in the web client and in the iOS app.

​I have attached a server log from immediately after restarting the server and trying to display a photo. The request to display a photo begins on line 182, but I included the whole log because it has version information at the top. I tried turning on the debug log option, but I didn't see any significant debug information in the log so I'm not sure if it worked.

​I was hoping to debug this more myself so I could provide more information, but I have no experience with .NET/Mono development and don't even know where to begin without seeing more detail in the log file.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. This is resolved for the next release of Emby Server.