Downloading local trailers

the.chad

Overseer

I, myself, use metabrowser for all my movie metadata/trailer downloading and have never noticed the disappearance of local trailer downloads even though it remains in my scheduled tasks.

Kinda makes me sad as trailers are an important part of my movie night watching habit.

Edited by Overseer
  • Like 1

TroyBennett

Would Emby be violating any laws if they add trailers as a media type for the media folders?  I know that is the way it used to be before the trailer channel was around.

Would Emby be violating any laws if they add trailers as a media type for the media folders?  I know that is the way it used to be before the trailer channel was around.

Just mark them as movies and it will accomplish the same exact thing.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

You could always try @@radeon's YouTube plugin:

http://www.ballingtons.com/products/

I never knew this existed :)

I agree with the powers that be, best not to have it as a core part of the product if its going to bring down the fury of the copyright gods, its been said and its true that there are other ways of doing this, metabrowser (used to use that myself back in the day), as well as others, and a few plugin's (Like my own, that a few others are using), but using the framework its not that hard to write your own.

• 2 weeks later...
moviefan

Just noticed my trailers downloading stopped and came across this thread.  While disappointing, I understand the reasoning.  Still disappointing because I was hoping for EMBY to be my one stop media software shop but now will have to rely on third party plugins.

DGMayor

So what exactly does the trailer plugin do at this point?   I haven't seen a new trailer show up in months.  I'm fine with streaming them, but as someone else mentioned, I haven't seen a new trailer since February.

Edit - @@Luke So I think I found an issue...

In the web client, if I go into movies, trailers I'm seeing a bunch of trailers with no metadata with add dates of much more recently than February, however they don't show up in Emby Classic.  If I click on the trailers section from the main web client page, it takes me to a channels section that doesn't include any of these new trailers..

Edited by DGMayor

moviefan

So what exactly does the trailer plugin do at this point?   I haven't seen a new trailer show up in months.  I'm fine with streaming them, but as someone else mentioned, I haven't seen a new trailer since February.

Is someone able to clarify if the trailers plugin is still supposed to download new trailers or should we just remove it since it has no more functionality?

DGMayor

Is someone able to clarify if the trailers plugin is still supposed to download new trailers or should we just remove it since it has no more functionality?

My understanding is that it doesn't download, but sets up entries to stream.  I'm fine with that, I just want them to show up in the channels section where they belong so I can access them from the clients like Classic.

TroyBennett

Just mark them as movies and it will accomplish the same exact thing.

Not exactly the same thing.  When i mark them as movies they show up in my movies list.  It looks like I have 200 additional movies, when in fact they are just trailers(possibly a bug in Emby theater).  What I liked about having a trailer media type is when i went to movies there was a link(Trailers) that would take me to all my trailers

Not exactly the same thing.  When i mark them as movies they show up in my movies list.  It looks like I have 200 additional movies, when in fact they are just trailers(possibly a bug in Emby theater).  What I liked about having a trailer media type is when i went to movies there was a link(Trailers) that would take me to all my trailers

In your user preferences you can control the grouping, which will allow you to separate them. Verify that, then if there's still an issue in Emby Theater I'll get it squared away.

TroyBennett

In your user preferences you can control the grouping, which will allow you to separate them. Verify that, then if there's still an issue in Emby Theater I'll get it squared away.

Okay, Ill check that out later today

TroyBennett

Okay, that works better now...thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
DGMayor

My understanding is that it doesn't download, but sets up entries to stream.  I'm fine with that, I just want them to show up in the channels section where they belong so I can access them from the clients like Classic.

So I'm still struggling with this one..  The last time it added any trailers to my library was on 5/22, which I believe was the same day a new beta was released.  I had thought maybe something had been fixed, and that was why I had new trailers, but alas, nothing since then.

In the settings for the trailers plugin, all I have checked are "New and Upcoming in Theaters".  That's all I want.  Basically I want the functionality of the old trailers plugin that would add new trailers from Apple, preferably as close to the time that they were posted on Apple's site.   I know it used to download them locally.  I'm perfectly fine with them streaming.. I just want to have new trailers regularly in my library.  

From my post back on May 20th:

"In the web client, if I go into movies, trailers I'm seeing a bunch of trailers with no metadata with add dates of much more recently than February, however they don't show up in Emby Classic.  If I click on the trailers section from the main web client page, it takes me to a channels section that doesn't include any of these new trailers.."

I'm still seeing this.  I realize that going into Movies and then trailers I'd see the locally downloaded trailers for movies I have as well (I assume?), but I'm still seeing movies I don't have that are not showing up in the Trailers channel.  However just like the trailers section, the last date for everything is May 22nd.  

DGMayor

Someone's just messing with me now, right?    I complain about a lack of trailers on 5/20 and two days later trailers show up.  I complain about no trailers since 5/22 on 6/28 and three days later, trailers show up.

Happy2Play

Just sorted trailers by date, decending and see the same thing.  But nothing has changed server side.

Version 3.0.5641.4

• 1 month later...