TV Episode Art Not Being Extracted

Jobber8742
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jobber8742

what's the issue? it looks like it ran for \\MEDIASERVER-PC\Media\Media\Video\TV Shows\Criminal Minds\Season 10\S10E20.mp4

Also your scan took almost exactly 10 minutes so i don't see any 15 minute stall in there. 

That's the thing. It runs indiscriminately. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. It ran for Criminal Minds yesterday, but it didn't run for The Middle yesterday for example, or for the past few weeks.

552f9c7fc2cbd_mediabrowsererror.jpg

Jobber8742

Correction: It didn't run for Criminal Minds yesterday, but it did for The Goldbergs. See the pictures below showing what I'm talking about. It's not detecting the video file correctly so it's not extracting the art or the chapters. Also, when you play one of the files on the clients, the time is messed up. It will play the whole episode, but it has no clue how long the episode is meaning you can fast forward or rewind or continue where you left off.

5530393550cc6_embyerrorgoldbergs.jpg

5530391c61655_embyerrorcriminalminds.jpg

Jobber8742

I just noticed that in all or almost all of the cases where I'm having issues, the video file in .mp4. MKV doesn't seem to be causing issues.

• Solution

try turning off the server's realtime monitor and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Jobber8742

I turned off the Emby Server and added a bunch of files that I've been waiting to add then turned off the realtime monitor like you suggested. The server seems to have detected all the files I added. I'll check a bit further to see if it'll continue. The files that were messed up before are still messed up though. I'm going to try to adjust the dates on a couple with the program SmartTimeStamp to see if that helps. I know this program has worked in the past for similar issues. I'll report back with results.

Edit: SmartTimeStamp worked for the files I changed. Now the only issue is there are about a couple hundred files with the issue. Guess I will slowly run the program on each of them unless there is a better suggestion to get Emby to redetect the files? Thanks for the help on this. Hopefully the problem is solved now.

Edited by Jobber8742