Google Drive Sync

pmt257

folder sync is really meant to be for your own purpose of moving the content from one place to another. or for creating another copy in a different resolution or quality. it could evolve to restoring but that's not really the current intention. if you want to use it to restore, then you'll have to manually grab the files because it creates a separate folder for each sync job.

the roku zip has been updated with support for cloud synced video, so you can test it there as well

• Like 1

Overseer

I've posted a beta revision to the server as well as a plugin update. This should be resolved now. You'll need to remove and recreate your google drive info. thanks for testing the beta.

I didn't have to remove or recreate my drive info. Everything synced up fine after updating the plug-in. My Weird Al is alive in the cloud!  :P

mriksman

Hmmm, my MP4 file at 400MB ended up being converted to MKV at 600MB on Low Quality. 

What is the benefit?

I am an idiot...

Edited by mriksman

martinbowling
2015-03-31 03:54:59.2441 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Refresh Guide
2015-03-31 03:54:59.2441 Info - App: Queueing task RefreshChannelsScheduledTask
2015-03-31 03:54:59.2441 Info - App: Executing Refresh Guide
2015-03-31 03:55:02.2754 Info - App: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 3 seconds
2015-03-31 03:55:02.2754 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-03-31 04:06:14.6505 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Cloud & Folder Sync
2015-03-31 04:06:14.6505 Info - App: Queueing task ServerSyncScheduledTask
2015-03-31 04:21:15.6504 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Cloud & Folder Sync
2015-03-31 04:21:15.6504 Info - App: Queueing task ServerSyncScheduledTask
2015-03-31 04:27:11.6973 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Convert media
2015-03-31 04:27:11.6973 Info - App: Queueing task SyncConvertScheduledTask
2015-03-31 04:32:53.1192 Info - MediaEncoder: FFMpeg exited with code 0
2015-03-31 04:32:55.8380 Info - App: Convert media Completed after 181 minute(s) and 59 seconds
2015-03-31 04:32:55.8380 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-03-31 04:32:55.8380 Info - App: Executing Convert media
2015-03-31 04:32:55.8380 Info - App: Convert media Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-03-31 04:32:55.8380 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-03-31 04:33:28.3223 Info - MediaEncoder: FFMpeg exited with code 0
2015-03-31 04:33:35.7911 Error - App: Error transferring sync job file
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5557.40000
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: source
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.GetFilePath(File file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.FileIsInPath(File file, String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.<>c__DisplayClass36.<FindFileId>b__35(File f)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.<FindFileId>d__38.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.<DeleteFile>d__1e.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.<TryDeleteFile>d__59.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveService.<UploadFile>d__8.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveServerSyncProvider.<SendFile>d__1.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Sync.MediaSync.<SendFile>d__4a.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Sync.MediaSync.<GetItem>d__27.MoveNext()

Trying to sync I get the above error, the folders are created but the media is never moved.

• 2 weeks later...
radeon

I'm updating the profile to account for refframes.  The apps are all going to require update to use these media sources, right now the web client has it, MBT dev channel, android beta groups, and win8/winphone beta groups. And I'll get it into roku fairly quickly. Those apps are all using core libraries so they'll get support very fast. the others will take longer.

@@Luke,

I think the profiles for syncing may need a little more tweaking for the roku client.

I have a video synced and yet its still being transcoded. I know the bitrate on the box is still well above the required for the file and Im getting the following in the log at the time of playback:

2015-04-08 20:55:28.5365 Debug - App: Profile: Unknown Profile, DirectPlay=false. Reason=VideoAudioCodecProfile.AudioChannels Path: https://doc-10-7c-docs.googleusercontent.com...

If you need a sample of the video file or anything else then just let me know. Cheers,

well either the app's profile or the cloud sync profile. it could be either because the latest beta of the app is now using the profile engine. i think the app should be pretty accurate, best way to test is by playing something that's not cloud synced. 

radeon

Play something that's not cloud synced? What spec would the file need to be? I know these files don't direct stream normally anyway and always have to be transcoded. Or is that what you mean? To give you the log which tells you why that file (non synced) needs to be transcoded?

• 1 month later...
Narnian

I did a fresh reinstall I had been losing in userlibraryaccess.html upon each restart the library access and device access to each user, they were unchecked. When I reinstalled  all my google.drive syncs were not replaced after reinstalling the plugin.

I installed folder sync but cant seem to find the proper  nomenclature to sync folders with google drive so that i dont have to upload 100 videos? Google uses this link method https://drive.google.com/open?id=gobbiltygookacxl;j';lsk;lasLK;JLASKALKXASsaLKhuser=0 Folder sync rejects it.

And my original problem is not resolved still losing user access.

I did a fresh reinstall I had been losing in userlibraryaccess.html upon each restart the library access and device access to each user, they were unchecked. When I reinstalled  all my google.drive syncs were not replaced after reinstalling the plugin.

I installed folder sync but cant seem to find the proper  nomenclature to sync folders with google drive so that i dont have to upload 100 videos? Google uses this link method https://drive.google.com/open?id=gobbiltygookacxl;j';lsk;lasLK;JLASKALKXASsaLKhuser=0 Folder sync rejects it.

And my original problem is not resolved still losing user access.

I'm having trouble following that. We should probably just deal with one at a time. Can you explain in more detail what you mean by 

sync folders with google drive so that i dont have to upload 100 videos?

Narnian

Thanks for the quick reply Luke,

I have been using emby server for two weeks and extremley grateful for your excellent work I became a lifetime supporter on day3. 

I had synced using google drive 50 videos to date but it might as well be a hundred. Comcast is toying with my speeds because I have done so much uploading. After my reinstall my sync folders was empty. How do I get them back so that users can stream off my google drive without pissing off comcast?  

As a fresh install, your server has a new Id so it is not associated with the previously uploaded content. We can try to repair it although this has not been tested yet.

Go to advanced -> security, create an api key

Open http://localhost:8096/system/info?api_key=xxx, where xxx is the key you just created. You will find your Id in that list. Then shutdown the server, open google drive, find the data.json file that the sync process created. Edit that file, find the old server id inside, then do a global search and replace and update to the new server id.

Narnian

I used their notepad app to open the data.json file and it was empty. Thanks but I will just resend them three at a time spaced out as to keep my provider from messing with me.

So help me find the information or where to post and solve why every time I start my browser with the server running I am requierd to grant access rights to folders and devices. When I open the page the busy circle is spinning and now check marks are in either spot.  Guest and users cannot access anything until they are granted access and it should stay as such. I am using firefox 38.0.1 with allowing localhost to add cookies.

Thanks... Once I know where to post this problem I will enclose the log.

you're saying you have devices checked for a user, but not the "all" option, and that on every server restart the change is reverted?

Narnian

Details coming soon screen shots logs in the drop box the works I really want this to work and willing to throw money at it.

Narnian

When I choose Browse Library from the Server App I get a completly blank screen except for fanart background image .

5557ce166d098_20150516_190951.jpg

I need to click on the settings icon it then shows this...http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html

5557cef6c9844_20150516_191628.jpg

When I refresh the browser I get the left side showing the server config section where I then go to users.
5557cf6b65ccb_20150516_191805.jpg

It does not matter which user I select I get the same thing for each one.

5557d0004ce7e_20150516_192001.jpg

The wheel is spinning I select both click save the wheel stops turning says saved and then I can browse my media. Please find the link to my logs in drop box. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q29qrwnsuzewd7k/server-63567398404.txt?dl=0

When I choose Browse Library from the Server App I get a completly blank screen except for fanart background image .

5557ce166d098_20150516_190951.jpg

I need to click on the settings icon it then shows this...http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html

5557cef6c9844_20150516_191628.jpg

When I refresh the browser I get the left side showing the server config section where I then go to users.

5557cf6b65ccb_20150516_191805.jpg

It does not matter which user I select I get the same thing for each one.

5557d0004ce7e_20150516_192001.jpg

The wheel is spinning I select both click save the wheel stops turning says saved and then I can browse my media. Please find the link to my logs in drop box. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q29qrwnsuzewd7k/server-63567398404.txt?dl=0

I've put up a dev build, 3.0.5614.33168, that I think will resolve this. Initially it will appear the same, but after saving the access settings I don't believe you'll have to do it again (for that user). Please confirm, thanks.

Narnian

Still not keeping the users checked in I checked in and then minimized went to my AFireTV to watch something and got Video Playback Error - Failed to Load Video. I switched back to PC to try Kodi and the videos refuse to play there as well.

Logs

Well let's not focus playback yet let's just get the check boxes to retain their values. Can you test in chrome, right click anywhere, inspect. Then click console. See if there are any browser errors

Narnian

It is working well in IE-11 they stay checked.  I will install chrome and give it a try.  Firefox still fails.  

then it's purely something in the browser and it sounds like the settings are saving just fine. i would take your playback issues to the app sections because it sounds unrelated.