ABILITY TO POST OUR OWN ALERTS OR POPUPS

pir8radio

pir8radio

I know this is a request that really is not useful to most...  But it would make ME happy   :D      I would like to be able to set some kind of server wide "popup" message, kind of like the new user "Tour" box that the new users see, but with my own message...     Like "Server Backup in progress, you may experience laggyness or streaming issues while this backup is in progress",  or "Server will be down XX-XX-XXXX from 8AM to 10AM".     Useful for anyone else?  Should be an easy add...

• Like 8

Beardyname

the message function is already in place :)

Just need to be implemented everywhere and also a "send to all" function.

pir8radio

But isnt the message function only from xml's located on the web servers that belong to emby?

Cheesegeezer

But isnt the message function only from xml's located on the web servers that belong to emby?

You could just create your own plugin that watches for events and auto pops up a message relevant to a process that the server is undertaking at that moment.

You will just have to watch for triggers from the server and Boom your message pops up.

That is to say that all your users are using the Webclient.  If using a client then the client would also need to implement these messages or you create an api for clients to tap into.

There is a message function in the remote control API that could be used for the apps that support it (the web client and MBC do I'm sure).

• 1 year later...

Good idea, I would like to be able to send a message to ET and tell my wife to go to bed when shes up watching TV at midnight. :D

There is a message function in the remote control API that could be used for the apps that support it (the web client and MBC do I'm sure).

Add the roku to the "supports this" list, when using the blue neon app.

30453fdc206fdeff9bc12ff029a1b2c3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

pir8radio

any details on this feature using api? is it an http post or something simple that can be used now?