Emby Server v3.0.5557.20000 Beta Unhandled Exception

GoodGuy98

jabbera

This worked for someone else:

sorry, was away. i uninstalled and deleted the MB Plus folder and reinstalled. the two files i referenced were not recreated but the server starts fine now. cheers, lovely work

GoodGuy98

Hmmm this is a bit confusing to me. I read your suggestion and went to learn how to uninstall a plugin since I am very new to MB. Once I read how to do it, I started MB Server to begin the process.

Since I am not feeling well today, it didn't occur to me it shouldn't have started but it did strangely enough. I uninstalled the MBPlug plugin and moved the MBPlus folder to my Desktop to save it.

Next I restarted MB Server and it started normally. When it was up, I installed the MBPlug Plugin again and the problem happened again which makes sense. While MB Server was down, I went

into the folder C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\MBPlus and Copy / Pasted the file albums.jpg and renamed it to artists.jpg. Once I started MB Server again, it

started up without any noticable problem. The artists.jpg graphic will not be correct of course, but it did circumvent the issue until it can be fixed properly.

The PC was shutdown yesterday and powered back up this evening. I don't know why that would allow MB Server to start when it did not yesterday.

Thank you for your reply.

GoodGuy98

I found this post http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19483-unhandled-exception-mbplus-year-file/

Post #15 by ebr said Please try 1.0.5.2 (Beta)

I uninstalled MBPlus, deleted folder C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\MBPlus and restarted. Once it was running, I installed 1.0.5.2 (Beta)

and restarted again. It started up without the error message.

Thanks again for your help. It pointed me to enough information to research and learn.