AddOn - Refresh of NextUp Episodes

puithove

puithove

This seems to be a problem shared by the various modified skins so I'm thinking it's something in the addon itself or in the skin widgets service.  It involves the refresh of the NextUp list after a TV show episode is completed and marked watched.  We have to do something to trigger two refreshes before new data is populated in the widget

Here is what I mean:

1. From the home screen widget, launch and watch an episode
  2. Episode plays to the end, and is marked as watched on the server
  3. Kodi returns to the home screen, where the widget is again displayed
  4. Nothing has been updated in the widget.
  5. Do something to trigger refresh (in Arctic Zephyr, navigate to a different home screen tile and back)
  6. Nothing has been updated in the widget.
  7. Repeat #5
  8. Now new data is shown.

If you look in the thread for Titan, you can see that @@marcelveldt added something in the skin code to force a refresh upon returning to the home screen, so with Titan, only one of those #5 is needed (actually go into the TV shows list and back up to the home screen).

The same is true if an episode is watched on a different client.

I see different behavior when going directly into the addon using the unmodified Confluence (thus no widget), I can browse into the NextUp tv shows list, play something, and immediately see the refreshed info when the playback ends and it returns to the list.

I see this issue on all my Kodi instances, and even when newly installed with default settings.

This is something I'd really like to get fixed.  Are others not seeing this?

im85288

The issue is common to skins using the dynamic list feature for accessing next up. Try 1080XF and you'll see it updates instantly as it uses a different mechanism.

puithove

The issue is common to skins using the dynamic list feature for accessing next up. Try 1080XF and you'll see it updates instantly as it uses a different mechanism.

Very interesting.  Is this something that you had to code yourself in 1080XF?  Perhaps the other skinners could do something similar.

Otherwise, since you're obviously familiar with the issue that I'm referring to, is this something that would be more appropriate to fix in the addon?  Or is the "dynamic list feature" something in the Kodi skinning engine?

puithove

Sooooo..... I've been rather busy at work and at home for the past few weeks and haven't been keeping up in the forums here.  I just saw a couple mentions of a rewrite of the addon...  In that case, I'll just shut up on this topic for now, and we'll see how things are once that's out in the wild.