TV episodes not being marked as played after being played

davesurfer
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

davesurfer

Hi! Having an issue where all TV episodes are not being marked as played after they are finished playing. I'm using MBC, how can I ensure this works again? Thanks! :)

Koleckai Silvestri

In the server dashboard, make sure that your not saving your watched status to the NFO or XML files. I believe it is under one of the tabs in Metadata. I had the same problem and it seems this was set and took precedence but was also not being properly updated. I set it to blank and now things are being marked properly when watched.

• Like 1

davesurfer

I think this started happening when I was tweaking the playback settings because long movies, like Lord of the Rings, wasn't able to resume so I assumed because it was assumed played after 100 minutes or whatever. I'm not sure what the below options really do. I can understand having a minimum setting, but a maximum setting doesn't make sense as videos and movies can be various lengths. Like some TV shows are 25 min and some movies are 2.5 to 3 hours...so it doesn't make sense to put a limit on this. In my mind there should be a percentage setting not a minutes settings: like set the video/movie as played when 95% of it has been played. Anyways, can you tell me what the default settings were here because I think I'd changed them. btw, I'm running MBC on Windows, and because there's no errors I don't think log files would help. Thanks!

5510c6701c2f3_Clip_11.jpg

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

The settings are percentage played, length isn't relevant in this case. The default is 95% which would be more than 100 minutes on a 3 hour movie. On a 3 hour movie, it wouldn't be marked as watched until you passed the 171 minute mark. On a 21 minute serial comedy, it would be marked watched at just before the 20 minute mark. However both are 95%.

300 seconds is 5 minutes so anything less than 5 minutes gets marked as watched even if you only watched 2 minutes of it.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

davesurfer

The settings are percentage played, length isn't relevant in this case. The default is 95% which would be more than 100 minutes on a 3 hour movie. On a 3 hour movie, it wouldn't be marked as watched until you passed the 171 minute mark. On a 21 minute serial comedy, it would be marked watched at just before the 20 minute mark. However both are 95%.

300 seconds is 5 minutes so anything less than 5 minutes gets marked as watched even if you only watched 2 minutes of it.

Oh ok, right it says "percentage". So I tacked it down to 95 again. Not sure if that will make a difference. I'm assuming it will because I was stopping the TV episodes when the credits were displaying and it was under 100% played for sure. Thanks!