Emby, ServerWMC and UK recorded TV - how do you make it work?

Silver

Silver

So after years of procrastination, I'm going to dump WMC and shift to a combination of my TV for live (Freeview HD) TV and Emby (with ServerWMC) for all my ripped videos, ripped TV box sets and live TV recordings.

The last time I looked at doing this, the problem was that the TV recordings didn't have the season number, episode number or a description that was remotely close enough to thetvdb. As a result, programs such as WTV-MetaRenamer didn't work.

A quick try again recently of WTV-MetaRenamer shows that this is still the case.

How do people with UK TV recordings manage to get them into Emby?

Thanks.

Silver

Thanks. I bit the bullet and gave it a go and, you're right, the recorded TV is in a different section - which is nice.

Unfortunately it's not grouped by the name of the series and in no particular order, plus trying to browse channels caused an error message to pop up in the UI that refused to disappear until MBT was restarted.

It's got promise, but not something (right now) that'll be accepted by the other half.

Spaceboy

I 100% agree, I am still using wmc and the recordedtvhd plugin for that very reason. I also have problems starting streams, hoping these will be fixed in the upcoming overhaul