Find items where Name Starts With non alphabetical character

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi All,

To try improve efficiency with viewing people / music views, I am implementing an alphabet screen so a user selects a letter and then sees items which start with that letter.

For A-Z that's easy, I use NameStartsWith

For numerals and non A-Z characters, what calls can I use?

What does NameLessThan catch (numbers?) and what about things like chinese characters (which currently show after A-Z in the web client) 

Any help is appreciated.

For numerals and special characters, I use LessThan [the first character of the normal characters].

chessdragon136

Yeah I've just implemented this but it doesn't catch everything.

If you look at the below, the chinese / japanese albums show at the end, and are not classified under the # item in the web view and are not caught by LessThan "A"

How can i  filter for these items please? From what I can see there is no GreaterThan option in the calls (except AlbumArtistStartsWithOrGreater)

550ed94674c22_1.png

I guess you'll need to find the first character in that set and filter for StartsWithOrGreater.

chessdragon136

Well no, I just need to catch everything after Z into a special group, so what is the next character after Z? I've tried [ and { which are the unicode chars after z and Z but they dont work..