Cannot Login Today

wrapmaster4500

wrapmaster4500

Using Emby build 3.0.5557.0

Using Samsung App version 5.75 and 5.45 on two different UE50HU6900 Samsung TVs, with Firmware build 1031

The application has been removed and reinstalled a couple of times

Essentially the application works up to the login screen, but once the password is accepted, nothing happens.

The logs show the account successfully authenticated - 

2015-03-22 01:04:30.1155 Info - UserManager: Authentication request for Default has succeeded.

It appears as if something is happening as the app goes unresponsive for about 30 seconds, then allows selection on the login screen again.

Cannot get past the login screen. My suspicions lie with the server update as it worked before this.

FrostByte

I know this doesn't help much, but I've watched a movie and 2 episodes today on my F8000 and server 5557.  Mine is set to auto logon though

• Like 1

wrapmaster4500

I built a second server pointing to the same library, but running latest full release MB server (v 3.0.5518.7) and that works fine

I might update this new build to latest beta build 3.0.5557.0 and see if there is something up with my original server. Strange as everything else works fine (or at least appears to)

Actually there was one thing, a virus warning during the install for IM_MOD_RL.dll, I will see if it happens on server 2

wrapmaster4500

Latest release on new server worked fine

Copy of the server folders (Config, Server, Plugins, Data) raised the issue again on the new server

Dropping the plugins folder fixed the issue on the new server, will try and work out which one is the culprit as I use a fair few

I'll fix the original once I figure which is at fault, might take a while

• Like 1

wrapmaster4500

No, I'm on Beta 3.0.5557.0

Fairly sure it is related to a plugin I'm using. I'll try to figure out which one it is. 

FrostByte

I've seen other threads where they were having login issues since the new beta, maybe related?

Edit: I think it was with the Win 8 app

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

wrapmaster4500

Server WMC live TV plugin was the culprit in this situation.

Updated local SWMC client, still no joy

Removed the plugin (file wmc2mb.dll) and the issues are gone, login works fine

On a side note while this plugin was installed, shutdown and restart functions for Mediabrowser wouldn't work

I rarely use the live TV feature anymore, and there are other live TV plugins (if I really want) so the issue is resolved for me.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
drikosv8
Yes @@Luke

Do the files have to be inside a folder when put on the USB stick? or can i leave the files loose on the flash drive?

drikosv8

Do the instructions not cover that?

Yes, but as I am not going to do, I would like to confirm this, before passing to the user

FrostByte

The downloaded file must be unzipped.  When you unzip the downloaded file it will create a folder called "userwidget" with two files (emby.tmg, widget.license) in the folder.  The folder with the two files must be in the root of your USB stick.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Also, if you previously changed the region of the TV to US there is a post in here by me on how to change it back.  If you need that and can't find it let me know.

• Like 1

drikosv8

Also, if you previously changed the region of the TV to US there is a post in here by me on how to change it back.  If you need that and can't find it let me know.

Thank you so much friend.

100% doubt solved
  • Like 1