EMBY Music Playlist Issues

rickster53

rickster53

I have a music playlist containing 112 songs and have noticed the following issues when viewing that playlist with the web client and server version 3.0.5557, although this issue existed prior to this version as well:

1. The playlist stops displaying any thumbnail images for all songs after the 16th song in the list (attachment A).  At first I thought there might be a problem with the thumbnail for the first song that doesn't display (Two Black Cadillacs), but when I go back to the source album for that song and display the album's songs, the thumbnail for "Two Black Cadillacs" displays fine under the album (attachment B.)

2. My playlist displays in groups of 50 songs.  If I go to the second page of 50 it redisplays the first 50 again, but says its displaying 51-100 attachment C.).  If I try and go to the next/last page, it again redisplays the first 50 and indicates its displaying 101-112. (Attachment D.)

I have also attached a log file and the playlist file...

post-198-0-94892100-1426948745_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-69790100-1426948746_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-36554200-1426948747_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-73172500-1426948747_thumb.jpg

server-63562529394.txt

playlist.xml

ginjaninja

Version 3.0.5558.24966

i can reproduce this issue...only first 16 songs get an icon....the chunking of playlis tracks into 20/50 etc does not have an effect..i just get all of them regardless of value chosen....(tested on webclient/chrome)..

...creating playlists was very 'hourglass' intensive.....the spinning wheel persisted for a long time after each track add...(30 seconds+)...if this is as a result of the automated images (which is a great feature)..perhaps images should only be aggressively generated when there are no images and less so later on....either that or images created more lazilly in background (less spinning wheel/hourlglass)....

• Like 1

FrostByte

I ended up turning EnableUserSpecificUserViews option back to false.  I have a playlist of 1300+ songs and the spinning wheel just keep on going when I added a new song and the cpu immediately maxed out for 45+ minutes causing IE and others programs to crawl.  Even if I tried to just display the playlist it just sat there (maybe trying to assemble the new views I don't know)  Better now without the dynamic images, though they were cool. 

Still having issues with my scans which have increased by ~30 minutes per scan.  Something that used to take under 2 minutes since loading 5557.  May try to install clean soon to see if it's an issue here since not everyone seems to be seeing the same as me

rickster53

Version 3.0.5558.24966

i can reproduce this issue...only first 16 songs get an icon....the chunking of playlis tracks into 20/50 etc does not have an effect..i just get all of them regardless of value chosen....(tested on webclient/chrome)..

...creating playlists was very 'hourglass' intensive.....the spinning wheel persisted for a long time after each track add...(30 seconds+)...if this is as a result of the automated images (which is a great feature)..perhaps images should only be aggressively generated when there are no images and less so later on....either that or images created more lazilly in background (less spinning wheel/hourlglass)....

Thanks for verifying my issues.  Hopefully they get addressed soon...