Sony Bravia (2010?) KDL-40ex403

cjeccles

cjeccles

Hello, I have been looking at the forums and multiple posts regarding sony bravia TVs and being able to media (namely videos) to them.

The majority of the responses for questions around 'Play-To' working to a sony bravia TV tends to be that the devs don't have the devices and that they need somebody to figure out differences between how MB works compared to something like Plex or Serviio. I installed Plex to see what the difference would be, and i couldn't find an option on plex to use the TV as a renderer. But when using the XMB to browse for a file, it would show up as being transcoded into an AVC file. The original file was an .mp4

For my TV (the ex403), i have done a little bit of searching, and on the Sony website i have found the following image. post-33842-0-29083200-1426893612_thumb.png

http://www.sony-europe.com/support/kb/images/Supported_codecs_AZ-1H_AZ-1L_chassis.PNG

Would the profile need to match either the MPEG2 or AVCHD codecs for transcoding to enable it to be able to play to these TVs?

If not, then i would gladly try and help wherever i can. I run MB on a Windows 7 x64 system.

So far (like many others) i seem to be able to play music to the TV, but unable to play videos. If i use the XMB using the TV Remote, find video section, then find my MB Server, select movies/tv and browse through to where the video file should be it only shows 'cast & crew' folder and no video file.

Hope this helps, or somebody could tell me what to try as I'm pretty new and I don't quite understand containers, codecs, etc :)

Cheers

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
thepixel

Hey,

Just wondering if you manged to solve this as I have exactly the same issue and I'm running out of ideas!

Dan

Happy2Play

What DLNA profile is the device using?  Have you looked at your logs to determine if the server is using the right profile?

example

2015-04-08 03:45:08.7104 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sony Blu-ray Player

or

2015-04-08 02:45:08.1656 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.

thepixel

Yup for me my TV has picked up the correct profile

Emby Version 3.0.5572.0

2015-04-11 22:24:20.1205 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.10.5:8096/dlna/9fb87ee48ac83869f818b76f1f28d085/contentdirectory/control
	Ip: 192.168.10.109:38479. Headers: X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info=pa="BRAVIA KDL-40LX903";,X-AV-Client-Info=av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA KDL-40LX903"; mv="1.7";,Host=192.168.10.5:8096,User-Agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50,Content-Length=678,Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8",SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse"
2015-04-11 22:24:20.1730 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sony Bravia (2010)
2015-04-11 22:24:20.1730 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Received control request Browse

Happy2Play

What exactly is the problem?

Looks to me that the direct play section needs modified to your specific model.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=799&mdl=KDL40EX903

From Sony Bravia (2010) (system) profile

<DirectPlayProfiles>
    <DirectPlayProfile container="ts" audioCodec="ac3,aac,mp3" videoCodec="h264" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="ts" audioCodec="mp3,mp2" videoCodec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mpeg" audioCodec="mp3,mp2" videoCodec="mpeg2video,mpeg1video" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mp3" audioCodec="mp3" type="Audio" />
  </DirectPlayProfiles>

Looking at that link on supported formats, it looks to me like you should be using the 2011 or 2012 profiles.

Edited by Happy2Play

thepixel

Well the same issue as the OP

I can browse the media server but when i go into a movie folder I don't see a movie, just cast and crew.

The strange thing is, I have two sony bravias and the newer model plays everything as expected but the 2010 does not. Even though if I test with Plex it works 100% So it does sound like a Emby media profile issue.

Happy2Play

Well there is a lot of trial and error since every model has slightly different specs, but you could try editing the 2011 or 2012 profiles to match your specific model.  Similar to what was done here.

DLNA-Profiles-select Sony Bravia (2011 or 2012)-Change Name to something customized

Expand Identification (+)

Change Friendly name to "BRAVIA KDL-40LX903"

Scroll down to Http Headers and click X to remove listed header and click + to add new header.

Name X-AV-Client-Info

Value BRAVIA KDL-40LX903

Match type Regex

Click Save

Click Profiles again you will see your custom profile listed.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 4 weeks later...

Please try again on the latest beta. There's a number of fixes for Sony Bravia's. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.