Plug In Request: OneDrive Sync Support

trooper11

bennymac

Hi,

So I've just installed the plugin and fire up a small sync job to my Onedrive personal account and it works seems to sync the song to my onedrive but after a while it get a "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden" error.

However, I can see the file on my onedrive even though this error appears.

But trying to sync to my Onedrive for Business doesn't seem to work at all and I get is this error. No folders or files are being created at all.

Thanks again, nice work.

I've started working on it. I'll post once I have some initial release (which probably will need some testing to iron out any bugs). :)

Edited by bennymac

OneCyrus

nice start! connecting to the consumer OneDrive seems to work. Business (the one with free unlimited storage) is probably not supported yet.

one awkward thing is the registration of a new app. Why do you do it that way? This authentication method is supposed to work the way that you register a new app only once and include the same key with the plugin for all users.

btw. is the code somewhere on github for pull requests?

icthusman1

The plugin page explicitly says only for the consumer OneDrive.

Consumer OneDrive had unlimited storage with an Office365 subscription. I have this and it is NOT a business account. I have a business account as well and the interface is way different.

Just installed this plugin so I can test it. Thanks dev!

icthusman1

OneCyrus, I just did the setup and I see what you mean about us having to register it as a new app. It would have been great if hexacat had done this part on his own. It would remove a step for end users. A rather confusing step.

I still appreciate the plugin and am testing syncing now.

gcoupe

I'm sorry, but what is this "click 'create new application' "step? I see no such option on my OneDrive page...

Under the "Create" menu, I just get:

• Folder
  • Word document
  • Excel Workbook
  • PowerPoint presentation
  • OneNote notebook
  • Excel survey
  • Plain text document

Nothing about creating a new application...

gcoupe

Ah, OK, I see that you didn't mean open my OneDrive - you meant "click on this link and pretend to be a developer"...

Hmm. I appreciate your effort, but this may not fly for most people, I think.

icthusman1

Ah, OK, I see that you didn't mean open my OneDrive - you meant "click on this link and pretend to be a developer"...

Hmm. I appreciate your effort, but this may not fly for most people, I think.

I agree, but maybe once it is out of Beta the dev will register it as an app and not require this step.

roberthleeii

Ok where do I find the URL with the info to grant access?? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

roberthleeii

Ok where do I find the URL with the info to grant access?? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Never mind I was not too busy watching game of thrones and not paying attention to what I was doing.