Sudden pin field and loss of libary folders.

thewallace
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

thewallace

This is Win 7- 64- bit.  I just upgraded my previous MB server to the newest version...3.0.5518.7. At the same time I upgraded Media Browser Classic to the newest version. Chocolate theme as before. 

But now when I open Media Browser  I get "please enter passord for xxx" and it gives me a field for a security pin. It does take my admin password in the pin field...but once into MB my library folders across the bottom are all gone.

- When I go into the MB server web interface it shows all my library folders in place though. And if I check the user settings, parental controls are off and the pin option in the password tab is not selected.

Any idea what's causing this?

• Solution

1) It is prompting you for a password (MBC calls it a PIN) because you have it configured to log in to a specific user but not save the password.  If you don't want this, change it in the log in behavior section on the main config page in MBC.

2) The first time you ran this version the following screen was produced, explaining the change in look:

550a245338bf4_mbcnewviewsintro.png

It can be configured in the config pages as well.

thewallace

Thanks, that fixed the password issue. Switching back to the Legacy view also worked.

I have to admit I don't understand the purpose of the new top level views. Mine looked nothing like the screenshot above, it simply removed the folder names from the bottom banner. I'll have to play with it.