Playback fails - Kodi 14.1 - 3 second loop

MSattler

MSattler

Running 14.1 Kodi

XBM3C

MediaBrowser Beta Server Build

The playback worked fine for a while, suddenly when trying to play back file it appears to work, plays from 00:00:00 to 00:00:01, then goes back to 00:00:00, plays to 00:00:01and then goes back to the beginning over and over.

Clearing cache/force quit doesn't help.

I did a factory restore, re-installed apps and re-configured and it worked fine.  Then after a while it does it again.

I do have MB Android and MX Player Pro <w/ Codecs> installed.

Thanks!

Edited by MSattler

Angelblue05

Please set the log level to Info in the add-on's config (Under Advanced tab, set the Log level to Info).

MSattler

I will change the logging in a bit. Realized there were twonfirmware updates for the neo x8 plus and in my firmware version online update was busted. Will see where that gets me.

Angelblue05

Ok, try this. Go into Kodi MB add-on configs > Network tab. Enter the windows user credentials in there. Give it a restart, in case and see if you are able to get playback.

• Like 1

MSattler

What particular credentials? The content being played back is not on the windows box but an unraid server.

Angelblue05

It would be the windows user under which Mediabrowser server is running, usually. You are able to get playback in the webclient where your server is installed, right? :)

Edited by Angelblue05

MSattler

It would be the windows user under which Mediabrowser server is running, usually. You are able to get playback in the webclient where your server is installed, right? :)

I will try that now.  What I don't get is why would it work initially without that account, and then stop working later on?

Angelblue05

It's just something to try. Your paths are set proper with the \\servername\content, but it's like the share pointing to it doesn't exists. Did you set up using path substitution or UNC shares in your Mediabrowser server > Library?

Checking existence of : \\tower\BluRay\The Boondock Saints\The_Boondock_Saints.mkv
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: Path does not exists
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: XBMB3C isNetworkQualitySufficient -> TRUE bit rate
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: XBMB3C getPlayUrl -> Direct Play
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: XBMB3C PlaybackUtils -> 1 -> Play URL: smb://tower/BluRay/The Boondock Saints/The_Boondock_Saints.mkv
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: Checking existence of : \\tower\BluRay\The Boondock Saints\The_Boondock_Saints.mkv
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: XBMB3C isNetworkQualitySufficient -> TRUE bit rate
19:43:57 T:2031110304  NOTICE: Checking existence of : \\tower\BluRay\The Boondock Saints\The_Boondock_Saints.mkv
Edited by Angelblue05

MSattler

Same thing. I am starting to think it is a player bug as the firetv does not do this on the same version of xbmc.

Hmmm just don't get why on intial configuration it works fine.

Angelblue05

Ok, @@MSattler I don't believe it's a player bug, it seems to want to go, but the path to play the file is not existent. You could probably get playback if you changed under the Network tab > Play http instead of SMB, but that would cause you to transcode, which is not the same as direct play.

How did you create your shares (the one you find in your server, under Library)? Did you follow this when setting it up? http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

Edited by Angelblue05

MSattler

Yeah that is how I set it up. It is working fine on my FireTV stick and it is on wifi. Now the tv stick does some buffering which is expected. The Neo x8 Plus though just gets stuck in this nasty loop. What is weird that initially after the firmware upgrade it played back fine. But subsequent attempts would fail. I even contemplated looking to see if maybe it was attempting to still play old streams..... But that is not it.

Can mxplayer being on the box interfere at all? I may just do another factory reset and only install kodi. Is it possible to save the config for a kodi install?

Angelblue05

So odd...and it's connected to the same network as your server? I don't think anything could really interfere. If you want to try and do another reset, that's fine but I don't know if it would resolve your issue. Might be worth a try :). All I can say is it seems to be a network issue.

MSattler

So odd...and it's connected to the same network as your server? I don't think anything could really interfere. If you want to try and do another reset, that's fine but I don't know if it would resolve your issue. Might be worth a try :). All I can say is it seems to be a network issue.

Did the reset and the same thing, meanwhile the movie is playing Direct Play on the fire stick......  I checked and the session with unraid/storage is established, as I see it.  So playing this moving over time it does go ahead, but it's almost as if it was on ultra slow play with a lil bit of rewind.

Let ,me try and add a share directly to a movie in XBMC.

Angelblue05

If you want, you could try to enable play HTTP instead of SMB to see if you are able to get playback? At least it would be a starting point. There something weird going on when you try to direct play, like a permission missing? Do you see anything in your server logs when you try to playback content on your Android tv box?

MSattler

I went ahead and switched over to http instead of smb and it showed as trying to direct play over http and then did the same thing.  So I tried to back out of the app, froze so I forced quit, and subsequent loads went to a black screen.

Rebooted the unit, which allowed me to load Kodi again, but again same thing.  So it is the same regards if I choose http or smb.

On some movies it seems to move ahead slowly, although the playback counter always stays at 00:00:01.  While the Kodi client says Direct Play - HTTP, the MB Server shows it as Direct Streaming.

I'm baffled.

Should I try the 15 Alpha?

MSattler

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas... @@xnappo any suggestions?

Running the Android MB app, and while it does stream it works.   And it is accessing the content in the same manner right?

xnappo

Nope.

You can play these files directly just fine (not going through mediabrowser - instead browsing file system with Kodi).

You are sure you saved settings when you tried the 'Play over HTTP instead of SMB'?  

Edited by xnappo

MSattler

Nope.

You can play these files directly just fine (not going through mediabrowser - instead browsing file system with Kodi).

You are sure you saved settings when you tried the 'Play over HTTP instead of SMB'?  

I will try playing them back through just Kodi when I get home. 

Settings were saved, because on attempted playback it would say it was Direct Playback HTTP.

Edited by MSattler

MSattler

So things get more interesting....

Tried Kodi 13 as well as 14.1 on it with playing content directly from the share and it did the exact same thing.

So I factory reset the player, tried playing content directly from the share and it worked fine, no skipping.

During either time, Android Mobile MB client played things without issue.

I'm wondering if Kodi by chance use any settings from MX Player, and maybe the issue happens when I install MX Player?

Going to install it now.