Numeric to Alpha Remote in KODI Addon?

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum.

With 14.2RC I will give it a try again. Hopefully it is now stable enough to replace my good old MCE.

One feature that I still miss is the possibility to enter characters with the numeric keypad of my remote like it does in MCE.

I have a huge list of TV Shows and it would be nice to jump to the letter "W", for example, by pressing the "9"-Button on my MCE Remote twice.

Possible? 

bobiddon

I'm using 14.2 on an Openelec 5.06 installation.  Triple tap works out of the box using a microsoft Rc6 receiver.

Tranquil

I'm using an AntecFusion Case with an build in iMon Receiver. It simply simulates keystrokes when pressing a key on the remote. If I double tap the 8 on my keyboard, there is nothing happening in Kodi so I wonder how it works for you!?

bobiddon

Never having used an Imon, I haven't got the experience to definitively answer that.  I do seem to recall triple tap being an issue with that receiver on other applications in the past.  

This blog seems to have had some success making it work with Kodi however , maybe something that could be of help.