MBS - Music Video Thumbnail/Poster Sizing...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey everyone,

I'm guessing the output I'm getting at the moment is because thats the way its meant to work, but I was wondering, is it possible at all to somehow make all Music Video thumbnails/posters the same size please?

For example, in the image below, see the second row there, is it possible to get all thumbnails to be the same size like that? As opposed to the third row, the row below it? I don't mean I want all thumbnails to be 1.85 aspect ratio ... although, maybe that might be a way to tackle this!?

Perhaps instead, would it be possible to have the image middle-centered (so you don't end up with that squished look) and have it on a black background, so you would end up with something like the thumbnail second in from the left on the first row?

Is that a possibility? Yes? No? Or have I just missed something and simply do not have MBS configured quite right at the moment?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

5507b7034538d_new3.png

it does make them the same size when the aspect ratios for each are all of similar dimensions. when they differ by a certain amount, that's when the original aspect ratio's are utilized. there currently is no way to control this, sorry. maybe if you head over to the custom css section of the forum, some kind soul will try to hack up some css for you to do this (if it's possible).

Dodgy Bob

it does make them the same size when the aspect ratios for each are all of similar dimensions. when they differ by a certain amount, that's when the original aspect ratio's are utilized. there currently is no way to control this, sorry. maybe if you head over to the custom css section of the forum, some kind soul will try to hack up some css for you to do this (if it's possible).

Ohhh   :blink:  That is not the answer I was looking for! Oh well, fair enough.

Thanks for the heads up Luke.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Pais

If this was really important to you then you could identify the most common aspect ratio and then manually create images for the videos which don't match that aspect ratio and upload them to the server instead of using the automatically generated images.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

If this was really important to you then you could identify the most common aspect ratio and then manually create images for the videos which don't match that aspect ratio and upload them to the server instead of using the automatically generated images.

True! Hmmm, I might go try that. Thanks Pais.

CoverArt could do it for you but you'd have to choose a treatment style that has an actual frame to it like the thumb style clear case or something.

And it would distort the images that didn't fit.