MBS - Starting Tab (!?)

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Apologies for the terminology; I have no idea what to call it, so, let me explain!  ;)

I have recently discovered the 'My Views' view and now use it instead of 'Media Folders' as set through Preferences >> Web Client >> Home Page of the Web Client. I also choose to continue with not grouping my media collections, i.e. making sure all is un-ticked through Preferences >> Display >> My Views of the Web Client.

Currently this works best for me and my own. My dilemma with this setup though is this...

Upon selecting a media collection either via the menu or by clicking on its poster/thumbnail, I am taken to the next screen which automatically sets me down at the 'Latest' tab ... if it is called a tab !?

5507aceba5d97_new1.png

What I would like instead is to be set down on the actual, in this example, 'Movies' tab. . .

5507ae4ce19e0_new2.png

Is it possible to have 'Latest' and 'Movies' switched? Or perhaps just have the starting point placed at 'Movies' instead of 'Latest'?

Just throwing ideas around as I'm not sure what the best way would be to tackle this as I have no idea of the code or know what would be easiest to do   :unsure:

Or what if, this addition could be added in as one of the options on the 'Display' or 'Web Client' tabs in 'Preferences'?

The main purpose behind asking for this is that I do not use the other tabs. I'm not interested in what the latest addition is in my collection as my collection is basically static. And I'm not a big believer in "suggestions". And Genres/People/Studios is just wasting space because of the way we use our MB3 instance - sorry  :(

Anyhow, that's a Feature Request I would like to see implemented  :D

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

PS - This is where I would like to see the starting tab for all major libraries...

Media Folder  --  Current Start Tab  >>  New Start Tab

Movies  --  Latest  >>  Movies

Music  --  Suggested  >>  Albums

TV  --  Suggested  >>  Shows

Books  --  ??? (I do not have this media library setup at this point in time)

Games  --  Suggested  >>  Game Systems

Home videos  --  N/A

Music videos  --  N/A

Photos  --  N/A

Unset (mixed content) -- ??? (I do not have this media library setup at this point in time)

...I'm open to other ideas  :)

Dodgy Bob

This had been suggested numerous times if you care to search :)

Vidman: I was half expecting that would be the case.

Do you happen to know what that horizontal menu bar is called so I can go and search accurately please? I'm being serious. I'm not trying to take the mickey. I really have no idea what that menu bar is called and if you call them entry points or some such!? If I search on that, top menu bar, I only seem to get my Android App FR from ages ago. If I knew what to call / name what it is I'm asking for, I would go and search on that and start bumping the most appropriate post. All the same, sorry for the duplicate FR.

Some good ideas @@Dodgy Bob.

CBers: Thank you sir   :)

Edited by Dodgy Bob

Vidman

I see ebr beat me to it but anyway :http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18231-Web-App-Views-Questions&do=findComment&comment=178753

I have no idea of the official name for that menu bar either. My original request was to keep the defaults but to just have each session of the web client remember the last used tab for each section as that seems like the best compromise to me without requiring yet another setting to choose

Edited by Vidman

I don't believe it is possible at this time.  That's why it is a feature request ;).

• 2 years later...