OMV adding media folders

supturb89

supturb89

Currently running MB3 server version 3.0.5518.7 on OMV 1.11.  Im trying to setup my media library through the web admin.  My server is located at \\OMV\nas\Movies etc., but I am unable to manually enter the location, I get the "path does not exist".  I do have what I believe to be a DLNA server showing up that allows me to browse to the correct location for my media.  The problem with this is that my movies are being transcoded and are very laggy when playing back.  I have made sure that permissions are set to read/write for mediabrowser within OMV.  What am I missing here?  Also bear with me as this is my first rodeo with Linux. 

thefirstofthe300

I am not quite understanding your setup. Do you have MB on the OMV machine or is it a separate machine? Are you attempting to access folders via Samba?

The dummy that is me didn't catch the first sentence. :)

If the media is on the OMV machine already, why are you attempting to access your media via Samba? I would think you should be able to point the server to a local folder. Or am I still misunderstanding what you are trying to do?

Edited by DaBungalow

Vidman

I am not quite understanding your setup. Do you have MB on the OMV machine or is it a separate machine? Are you attempting to access folders via Samba?

The dummy that is me didn't catch the first sentence. :)

If the media is on the OMV machine already, why are you attempting to access your media via Samba? I would think you should be able to point the server to a local folder. Or am I still misunderstanding what you are trying to do?

To allow clients to direct play maybe?

supturb89

I should have been more clear in my original post.  I'm trying to setup my Win 7 HTPC running MB3 classic to be able to direct play (no transcoding) from the server.  I have attached a screenshot of what I see.  The highlighted path allows me to navigate to my media folders on my server but I am thinking that path is a DLNA server?  If I click on Network I get nothing?  If I try \\Omv in the red box I get "path does not exist"?

550825ef99b11_20150317_74942.png