saving plugins

bkrieger

bkrieger

Where can plugins zip folders be saved, and can the latest version install plugins via zip folder? I see Github has plugins to download, and plugins on this site seem  limited.

Thanks

bkrieger

Well, I see on the website Github, there are media browser plugins available to download in zip files. I am just wondering that if I download those, how do I install them, and what directory do they get saved. It seems, if I am not mistaken, all the plugins and files seem to be kept on a cloud based server, where there is no physical directory on my computer. Am I correct in this.

I notice within media browser, there aren't many plugins to download compared to others such as Kodi, and plex.

thefirstofthe300

Well, I see on the website Github, there are media browser plugins available to download in zip files. I am just wondering that if I download those, how do I install them, and what directory do they get saved. It seems, if I am not mistaken, all the plugins and files seem to be kept on a cloud based server, where there is no physical directory on my computer. Am I correct in this.

I notice within media browser, there aren't many plugins to download compared to others such as Kodi, and plex.

Actually, all of the plugins that you install from the plugin catalog are downloaded to the server and are stored in the %APPDATA%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins directory on a Windows machine. All of the plugins that are hosted on GitHub should also be in the plugin catalog so there is no advantage to installing plugins from GitHub. If they aren't in the plugin catalog, it probably means that it isn't finished.

• 2 years later...