Music albums\songs recognized as video's

ypcc

Hi,

New to MB3, thought I would give it a try. I am running the latest version of MB3 server on my Win7 server, I am also running the latest version of Kodi and MB3 addon on a Win7 laptop and 2 pivos's running latest linux kodi builds.

on all 3 devices, songs appear to be recognized as video's, it says "Media Browser -> video's" at the top left when I navigate to Music, however its definitely setup as Music in the MB3 service, I works well on my PC via the web console or even my Nexus 5 using the MB3 app, just not in Kodi. Songs will play, but stop once its done and put a checkmark as if its been "watched"

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Yves

xnappo

We haven't put much effort into Music to be honest - because for the kodi interface the native Kodi DB works just fine.

Ok, I suppose that works since I don't really need to setup the SQL library for music. However how can I remove the "Music" button from the home screen so that I can add the native Kodi one, or can I reconfigure the existing one to simply point to an SMB share instead?

I am using Media Browser Confluence Helix. I also tried Aeon Nox 5 MediaBrowser earlier and that one I know I can configure each button, but I could never get it to see my MB3 libraries.

I would go into the home screen setup options, create one called TV Shows for example, click on the "default select action" and tried all sorts of paths. ex. "Add-on->Video Add-on->MediaBrowser->TV->Create shortcut here".

Save it, go back to the home screen and try to open it, but I would get a Script failed error. I've tried many different paths with the same error. However when I get to the TV folder, It does show all the TV shows that I have on my server so I think I have the right path.

Therefore I decided to go back to Confluence as that one worked without any issues.

The easiest way ti to create a Media Browser user that does not have the music library section enabled in the user settings.

That worked thank you.