Unable to play content on Pivos's after adding content , plays fine on PC

ypcc

Hello,

I am new to MB3, have been using Kodi for a few years. Decided to give MB3 a try and I have run into a few issues that are bit annoying, hopefully someone can help out.

It appears that every time I add a new tv show, movie ect to my library, it won't play on either of my Pivos's, however it works on my laptop that also runs latest version of Kodi.

The error I get is something along the lines of "playback failed", "item failed to play, please check log for more info", that isn't the exact message, but I think its fairly close.

once that happens, I can't play any file on either Pivos's and restarting them won't work as well as restarting the MB3 service on my server, I actually have to restart my windows server.

Pivos DS M3 running Linux Kodi, Helix 14.0 The Hydra with MB3 addon 0.9.824

Pivos XS running Linux Kodi, Helix 14.0 The Hydra with MB3 addon 0.9.823

Let me know if you need anymore info.

thanks,
Yves

xbmc.log

xnappo

You are having network access problems.

20:19:18 T:1186194528   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
20:19:18 T:1186194528  NOTICE: Checking existence of : \\MB3SERVER-PC\TV\The Walking Dead\Season 5\<file>.mkv
20:19:18 T:1186194528  NOTICE: Path does not exists

Do you have the Network password entered in the settings?

Edited by xnappo

I do have the password saved, however yesterday I was prompted to re-enter a password after rebooting my Pivos, yet it had worked well all weekend.

So I just tried again, rebooted my Pivos, was not prompted for a password, confirmed that I could play a movie or TV show. Added a new episode and refreshed the library via the web console.

Go to my Pivos, I can see the episode is there, tried to play it and receive the same error: "Playback failed, one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details". once this happens, I cannot play any file on the Pivos's, yet I tried the same episode on my laptop and it works.

xbmc.log

xnappo

Not the MB3 password, the network password.  I can tell from the log you have not set it inin the settings. 

I just checked the Network tab in the addon config screen and there was a password specified, however I removed it and re-typed it just to be sure, added a new TV show and same error, restarted my Win7 server and the MB3 service, now its working.

Just to confirm, this is the password for the account on my Win7 server that has been granted full access to the different media folders which I also created UNC paths for right?

Thanks for you help with this.