Pass off of Live TV url to client apps ?

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

I am wondering if everything is in place for the clients apps to request the tv url for direct stream playback? I always struggle with the right term, but what I am asking can the clients apps request the tv stream like http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:5004/auto/v810 ?

What I am looking to do obviously is get ffmpeg and or transcoding on the server out of the picture. Above is the HD Homerun format. But with the new update "Http service now available " Will all tuners options now work similarly?

Have been asking for this for a while.. Don't want to bug the client devs to support this if the infrastructure is not in place.

Thanks!

Vicpa

Hi,

Bump ... Any comments? The Win 8 app should be able to support this. I would think MBT as well. I have asked for it in Win8, Direct playback of the source is no problem. Have been doing it for the past couple of months with tweaks to the Win8 streaming profile.

Saw the SiliconDust folks and Kodi  have their RUI plugin available in beta. which is interesting if you don't have Media Center and ServerWMC . But we do :)

Seems like Emby was ahead of the curve on Live TV and recording........ now?

BTW Still haven't seen the new server plugin?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...