v0.575 App crashing

gogreenpower

gogreenpower

Hi chess,

Is there any way to get the log out other than phone screen shots?

Any way, here's the end of mine when the issue occurs. It happens on the same movie over and over. Other ones I have tested are working ok.

The movie plays for a few seconds then the whole app closes.

post-4775-14265132069636_thumb.jpg

It used to play fine.

Green

Green.

gogreenpower

Correction, every single tv show and movie crash the app. It's just some take longer than others.

All the logs end the same.

Is there a reset settings to default option?

Green.

CBers

Is that movie transcoding?

To reset it, I would uninstall and reinstall.

I'll check the app on my TV shortly.

Edited by CBers

CBers

When the playback starts, if it does, see if there is an ffmpeg process running on your MBS PC.

FrostByte

Your log file indicates it was direct streaming, but during playback you can hit the info button and it should say if it was transcoding and which part

gogreenpower

I also can't skip forward or back. I've fiddled with some settings and got the hobbit to play for 30ish minutes at a time.

Green.

FrostByte

Are those the same movies?  The log file was direct streaming DTS (DCA) and the Hobbit pic shows it transcoding AAC audio (kind of odd it showed it multiple times though)

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Just played my 2nd movie on 575 with no issue.  Is it dumping out of the app altogether, or locking up?  So far I can't seem to duplicate anything

CBers

(kind of odd it showed it multiple times though)

I've seen that as well. Is the app displaying all tracks?

FrostByte

Ahh, that could be.  I normally only have 1 each video, audio and maybe a chapter track. 

I finally got mine to lock up.  Not during playback, but when I got done watching A Man Apart the app dumped back to the movies information page and then locked up.  Couln't use the rturn or arrows keys.  Clicking Exit worked though

chessdragon136

The multiple times display is fixed, my bad! I didn't reset the value on each new video play but appended to it instead! 

As for app crash, please find a file that does this, make a small sample and make sure it still crashes, then upload to me please :)

FrostByte

Actually, I think that is an error in the app and not because there are multiple audio tracks.  I just played 30 secs of several movies and it kept the information from every movie and was just appending it for the audio portion.  I think there may be an issue with the video portion of that info screen also because it would display the audio codec of the movie played previously.  I'm guessing both need to be flushed or something.

@chessdragon136 

550728ce6ebd9_WP_20150316_003.jpg

chessdragon136

You get points for exactly identifying the issue! Sadly you lost most of them for not reading my post ;) 

• Like 1

CBers

The multiple times display is fixed, my bad! I didn't reset the value on each new video play but appended to it instead!

When will this fix be released please Chess?