Emby Connect

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Can someone explain to me what is expected when wanting to implement MB Connect? I can't find any documentation about it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No one knows how MB Connect is supposed to work? Where and how do I send authenticate to the server with MB connect information?

All I found in the HTTP API is the following. The only thing that seems to make sense is the /Connect/Exchange, but I don't know how to get the connect user id.

550f38410f887_MBconnect.jpg

It seems if this feature should be implemented in clients that the documentation should be made available. :) 

ScottIsAFool

What language are you trying to connect with? If javascript, .NET or Java, I'd use the ApiClient, it will make things a lot easier for you.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, so I need to use the ApiClient. Great stuff. I thought MB Connect was separate from it because there was no listed examples for it. Thanks Scott! :)

More specifically what you want is ConnectionManager which is a part of the ApiClient library.

The basic workflow is:

ConnectionManager.CreatePin()

(display to user)

ConnectionManager.GetPinStatus() (in a polling loop or after a button press)

If pin is confirmed then ConnectionManager.Connect.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Well, it's for JavaScript, but maybe in the future, for python too or any other languages that wishes to implement Emby connect. I'll check it out, thanks Luke.