Congrats on additional Platform Support

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

Congrats on expanding support to an additional platform. Even though those guys are a four letter word around here. :) Long term I am sure it is a good thing. Bigger user base=more opportunities, feature requests, issue identification and the like. Expanded user base hopefully also gets MS attention, maybe they can open up more of the api and see wisdom in supporting the recording engine, regardless what the fate of Media Center.

Haven't seen the new MBS plugin in catalog yet, got the server update the other day. Any eta. 

krustyreturns

Thanks!  Really it happened because we had a volunteer developer who did the plugin for it (or is it called a channel?).  On the backend we had to add http streaming support to enable it, but that is something we wanted to do anyway, so things fell into place.  I don't think it would have ever been done without the volunteer - but then none of this stuff would get done without volunteers.

On that note, mbs can use the http service too, instead of using network shares, and when its enabled it gives us more control on the backend.  For those users who have systems that randomly loose the live stream after it starts (on non-dlna based tuners), I am hoping this change might address it.  But since I don't have the problem myself it's hard to say.  If anyone who has this problem can test it I would be very interested to hear the result.

krustyreturns

Sorry I missed the last question...  I pushed up the new plugin version when I released the new swmc version (I always do them at the same time).  So I don't know why its not in the catalog yet.

Edited by krustyreturns