Let's come up with new image ideas

Luke

Team,

The next server release will have the ability to create images like these very easily:

5505dc911b0ff_Untitled11.png

We're going to have a lot of new image processing capabilities so let's think about ways we can put them to use. In particular we should come up with ideas for photo albums that don't have images assigned, music artists without images, and perhaps genre/studio images.

Perhaps even ideas for the next generation of Cover Art.

Let's get creative!

• Like 5

Deathsquirrel

It would be great if genres could be built from a random selection of items in that genre too.  We could end the constant stream of genre image requests, at least for folks using the default image set.

• Like 1

i have thought of using these for genres. we'll see, maybe. i think there's something to be said for having a catalog of genre images that are all a little different, which is what we have now. if we use these for genres then from a distance all the images are going to look basically the same. it might not have as much cool factor when there's 30 of them on screen at once.

BATTLE DONKEY

This would be a nice feature for dealing with the artist images.

Its not always easy to decipher who is who (especially someone else digging through the music category looking at random band photos) so I was wondering if maybe it could be possible to place the logo.PNG (if available) on top of the lower right corner of the artist image.

I know MBTheatre is going through an overhaul, but I love the screensaver on it but sometimes its hard to read the title of the movie when its on a white background. So same thing there, display random backdrops, but place the logo.PNG in the bottom right corner instead of the title if available

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

thefirstofthe300

It would be great if genres could be built from a random selection of items in that genre too. We could end the constant stream of genre image requests, at least for folks using the default image set.

Love this idea. Simply uploading a picture to the server for a specific genre and have the text auto overlay would be sweet.

Edited by DaBungalow
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Narnian

Where can I get my hands on a PSD file and place my own images? Actually can I just make my own and place them in the folder without losing them?