Completely remove metadata form section?

robsch

robsch

Heya,

Awhile ago, I installed the anime plugin, so I could manage my anime collection a bit better, since there were so many genre types. I had set it to only 3 genre's and then had the rest put into tags. I had set it back to 6, and did a refresh media, hoping it would add more in, but it did not. Then I removed the plugin, and rescanned again, still only 3 listed. Then I deleted my anime section, and re-added it, however, it still only has 3 genres. Is there away to remove all the meta data form a section and force it pull it down again?   I really don't want to remove the entire MB and redo it all.

Thanks!

Beardyname

An forced refresh from the top level in the media-editor will probably (?) fix this.

and with top level i mean click the location of your anime and press refresh.

*edit* Or have you tried doing a refresh in the editor? or are you talking about a rescan?

Edited by Beardyname

robsch

I tried that, while it did update the metadata, it didnt realse the 3 limit on genres.

coldhammer

i too am having issues with updating removing anime metadata. When i was testing setting everything up i had a series in the anime section. After testing i removed the test series and tried to set things up correctly. However it keeps reading in a bunch of metadata that does not apply. I removed the original content rescanned and it showed that it was gone. I then recreated just the root series folder with no actual content in it and it repopulated with 4 seasons worth of metadata even though there is no content in the folder to generate metadata from.

I have also tried removing the path from both the library in MBS as well as the config path from the docker. However everytime i set it back up it loads up all the metatdata from the test run.