Minix Neo X8

MSattler

MSattler

yes it works fine

Do you have to use the XBMC interface?  Can you go to just a normal android interface?  Can it boot straight to MB?

Vidman

Just like any android device you can choose what ever launcher you wish... I use the default MINIX launcher to launch either xbmc or the media browser android app (or what ever else)

MSattler

Just like any android device you can choose what ever launcher you wish... I use the default MINIX launcher to launch either xbmc or the media browser android app (or what ever else)

Is it able to decode DTS?  I'm trying to see if this would play back my streams without decoding.

Vidman

Xbmc will decode dts.... And/or pass it through... The x8h will at least

Edited by Vidman

MSattler

Xbmc will decode dts.... And/or pass it through

Thing is I want to use the Mediabrowser app, not XBMC =)

Vidman

The media browser add on for kodi is just as valid a media browser client as the android app... In fact it has more features

Macburp

You are asking me on a Mediabrowser site, why I would prefer Mediabrowser over XBMC?

I suspect our fellow user is using the XBM3C add-on with his version of Kodi. It's another client option for mediabrowser.

MSattler

The media browser add on for kodi is just as valid a media browser client as the android app... In fact it has more features

Perhaps, I just rather use the Android client, and it works just fine for me right now.  The only issue I see is no native DTS decoding.  Just looking for a player than can deal with the codecs, and then I should be set.  

MSattler

Xbmc will direct play most content the android app will most likely transcode

@@Vidman can you take a look at my Neo x8 Plus post in the Kodi sub forum?  For the life of me Kodi will not work, initially it may work for one movie then it just does not want to fully play.  Just curious which version of Kodi you are running.

Thanks!

Vidman

I only have the Minix version of xbmc atm

You can get the kodi addon to stream instead of direct play by selecting http instead of smb....this should give you an idea weather its a kodi/addon issue or network/server issue

Edited by Vidman

• 3 weeks later...
nbakken81

I have been told by the development, that as far as streaming goes, that kodi in conjunction with the mediabrowser addon is superior to the android client app in it's ability to direct play many more formats. Whether this applies to DTS I'm not sure, but I was given the impression that the android client transfixed nearly, if not all streams, and I therefore would not expect it to support DTS.

MSattler

So now with Emby for Kodi, it is the best solution right now. It works great on minix neo x8h plus. Plays back everything via direct play and am loving it.

For remote family members I still like the Android app best.