Screensaver stops updating images

SamES

SamES

So I've noticed that eventually, the screen saver stops updating images and leaves the same image in the screen.   I believe that it has played all the images that it received from the server.

It should go and fetch more images and start again, but it doesn't appear to do this.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

@@chessdragon136, not sure if this may be causing an issue the second time around if the ImageViewer is already set to an instance of CImageViewer? Just a wild stab in the dark, but I can't see any obvious reason why it isn't restarting when it runs out of images.

//Initialte new instance, set Frame Area & Set Notifications
	this.ImageViewer = new CImageViewer('Common ImageViewer');
	this.ImageViewer.setFrameArea(0, 0, 960, 540); 

this.ImageViewer.setOnNetworkError(function() {
		GuiNotifications.setNotification("Network Error");
	});

this.ImageViewer.setOnRenderError(function() {
		GuiNotifications.setNotification("Render Error");
	});

chessdragon136

Yeah you're pretty much right - The code called a new instance when that wont work - I know what Crag was trying to do (get new images) but tbh if you've left your screensaver running that long I'm just going to reset the position back to 0. 

Test in next release

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

SamES

Yeah you're pretty much right - The code called a new instance when that wont work - I know what Crag was trying to do (get new images) but tbh if you've left your screensaver running that long I'm just going to reset the position back to 0. 

Test in next release

The other option is to skip the new CImageViewer and other init stuff if this.imageviewer is already defined.  I do think there may be some other weird recursion thing going on with this approach as well, so there may actually be a few things going wrong.

Otherwise, resetting the index is a sensible fix.  You notice this problem more if you don't have many image items as it then runs out of images quickly.  If there's not many image items, then it makes no sense to go and fetch the same ones again (they'll just be in the same order every loop of the player, but not a big deal)

chessdragon136

I could make another server call and re-populate the arrays, but its a screensaver - you get to the point where its just too much! 

• Like 1

SamES

I could make another server call and re-populate the arrays, but its a screensaver - you get to the point where its just too much! 

Agreed, I wouldn't expect you to to go that far.  Just not necessary.

SamES

With the current release (0.575) this still stops updating images after some time.  Maybe this is related to the other freezing issues?  Not sure if anyone else sees this problem.

CBers

Does this affect the Photo playback or is that separate?

I ask, as I may leave my Photos playing for several hours during the day, or even when we have a family gathering and we want to watch the photos.

Edited by CBers