Error msg while installing

noscivic

noscivic

i was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with this error.message that i''m getting repeatedly over and over. Here is how it happened:  i initially had meedia browser up and working just fine, then the other day i noticed that media browser was no longer automatically opening during start up, so i deciced to uninstall media browser and reinstall it. Whlie also noticing windows update  had 13 downloads for me, which i began to download.  Then at about 3/4 of the way through, my system just automatically shut down (later i noticed due to anti-virus scan, i had set it to automatic shutdown after scanning)because i lost my internet connection and a reboot was necessary  Then after reestablishing my connection it went through the process of installing the windows security download for only 7 of the 13 downloads that is when  i decided to reinstall MB and upon installation i got an error message. thinking that it may have had something to do with the security downloads not finishing all 13 of them, i then go back to windows update to finish off the remaining downloads and install, but for some reason i still cannot install MB because of this error message: on the error message is a detail button , when pressed it leads me to this installer's log:

3The following properties have been set:

Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51209'
Setting value '4.5.51209 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51209 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86)', phase BuildList
Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode '{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}'
MsiQueryProductState returned '5'
Setting value '5 {int}' for property 'VCRedistInstalled'
The following properties have been set for package 'Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86)':
Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = 5 {int}
Running checks for command 'vcredist10_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'VCRedistInstalled' and value '3': true
Result of checks for command 'vcredist10_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application. 
Application appears to be an application manifest
Launching application manifest via dfshim

:if you know what this installer's log is, can you please help me........???

Thank you very much for your expertise......

Regards,

S.Lee

Dell Laptop Insipiron 14R N4110

Windows 7 (64bit)

noscivic

Just tried it, but nothing happened in cmd prompt it just went to back to C:\Users\Sam any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated???  even though nothing happened i still tried to install MB just in case i  missed something but still got the same

message.....

thanks though for your help........

regards,

s.lee

noscivic

OOoops, sorry for the oversight. on the top left corner of the error message it says "Cannot 

Start Application"  and the body reads: Application download diid not succed. 

Check your network connection or contact your system admin or network service provider." and at the bottom are two options "OK" and "Detail". Upon pressing the "ok" button, nothing happens while pressing the "details" button brings me to that installer log, mentioned in my initial submission.

Tthanks you once again for your interest in my case................

Regards, 

S. Lee

That is a network problem of some sort.  What kind of internet connection do you have?  Do you use a proxy?  Try turning off the firewall and any AV software that might be interfering.