How is "artists" tag being supported now?

steve1977

steve1977

I know that support for "artists" tag (with an S) has been introduced. It appears to work well with me, but it is not fully clear to me how it is currently supported. Does MBS "just" reads "artists" instead of "artist" once it exists and reads "artist" if no "artists" tag is present? Or anything more sophisticated about the current treatment. Also, any chance to add support for "albumartists" tag as well?

@@ginjaninja @@Luke

ginjaninja

steve i dont have a comment on above as i have no idea about artists tag implementation/design yet.but it seems reasonable that IF artists is used to split artist then it would be good if mbz maintained albumartists for the same purpose then mb3 also used...imo

Edited by ginjaninja

steve1977

Thanks. Let's wait for Luke to reply about the current handling of artists. The good thing is that it appears to actually work, but curious how it is currently implemented.

With regards to albumartists (with an "S") - I remain confident that it will make its way into MBZ/Picard eventually. Having said this, it would even be helpful for MBS to go first with this. There are actually very very few albums with multiple albumartists, so for those I could even manually write an "albumartists" tag as long as MBS reads it? Isn't it?