How to have MB automatically create folder.jpg thumbs when copying new content?

davesurfer

davesurfer

I used to have these folder.jpg thumb files create automatically after I copied a video into a folder. Now they don't get created. Where do I turn this on? THanks! :)

Macburp

I think if you check 'save artwork and metadata into media folders' (look in 'Metadata' in the dashboard), the jpgs will start appearing in your folders.

davesurfer

I think if you check 'save artwork and metadata into media folders' (look in 'Metadata' in the dashboard), the jpgs will start appearing in your folders.

I think that's for backgrounds and metadata. I already use Metabrowser for that. I just want a quick thumbnail folder.jpg which used to pop in there, it was the only file that was created. I'm not using this for my movies or tv shows, but for random videos which have no metadata, so I just need a thumbnail created. It was working before I put a new hard drive and set everything up again :(

Happy2Play

I think that's for backgrounds and metadata. I already use Metabrowser for that. I just want a quick thumbnail folder.jpg which used to pop in there, it was the only file that was created. I'm not using this for my movies or tv shows, but for random videos which have no metadata, so I just need a thumbnail created. It was working before I put a new hard drive and set everything up again :(

What is the library type?  Do you have screen grabber enabled for that type?

example

550357be63eec_metadata2.png

EBR beat me to it.

Edited by Happy2Play

davesurfer

What is the library type?  Do you have screen grabber enabled for that type?

example

550357be63eec_metadata2.png

EBR beat me to it.

My folder type is Unset (Mixed Content), which is not an option in the drop down. Only "movies":

55035af4034b4_Clip_6.jpg

If these are random videos with no available online metadata, use the Home Videos content type.

Happy2Play

What is your folder structure? Is this media in it's own media folder or mixed with movie and tv?  If in own media folder, then I believe you will have to set your parent folder for that content to "Home Video".