Amazon FireTV - Progress Report Please

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

Hey, just wondering if I can get a progress report on Amazon FireTV support? Is there or will a native app be released soon?

Also, can anyone chime in and let me know how well it works without an app?

MSattler

Hey, just wondering if I can get a progress report on Amazon FireTV support? Is there or will a native app be released soon?

Also, can anyone chime in and let me know how well it works without an app?

The Android MB app works well if sideloaded, no ability to decode DTS though so it will be transcoded.  I don't use it for anything but MB.

ThermoDust

I thought I read somewhere if you sideload you won't have access to amazon prime...?

ThermoDust

@@Luke Hey, can I please get an offical repsonse on this. Will there be an offical app available to the FireTV users?

Thanks

ThermoDust

@@Luke One follow-up question please, do you feel it would be a wise investment to buy one expecting a offical app to come out soon or would it be wiser to get a Nexus Player?

You have to make that decision but the app for the Nexus will be available before the one for the Fire.  I cannot give you an exact date on either though.  Sorry.

MSattler

I thought I read somewhere if you sideload you won't have access to amazon prime...?

Horsecrap.  You can still use it.