Servers not detected. Hostname not recognised..

Dugong

Dugong

My host machine is working fine but none of my devices can find the server. They were all working yesterday (apart from the remote control function, which I've never been able to get working, neither on wintablet nor winphone, and which, incidently, is the only reason I purchased the apps). There was a major windows update yesterday, which could be the culprit? Also, I upgraded my internet service to ADSL2+ yesterday, reconfigured the modem, maybe this has something to do with it?

Server version # 3.0.5518.7

App version # 3.1.0.240

Thanks in advance

server-63561751680.txt

Log - 20150312.log

Edited by Dugong

berrick

Changing the broadband connection to your home should only impact on connections to your server from  the internet due to possible router config and external IP address issues. Internally the router config should stil be the same. Assuming this to be the case can the PC's on your LAN

• browse the internet OK
  • can you ping devices on your LAN by their host names and IP address
  • Have you restarted the MB server
  • right click the MB server icon on the right hand side of task bar, click config server, on the server tab under server info confirm the local IP address and port used of the server (http://10.1.1.5:8096).

From one of the other devices on your netowrk, assuming you can get to a command prompt, ca you ping the IP address shown in the MB server (from your logs 10.1.1.5)?

In a browser can you browse to http://10.1.1.5:8096/web/index.html

This is all basic connectivity testing to try an narrow down where the issue maybe, DNS, IP or firewall. Have you disabled all firewalls, windows or av software just to be sure?

I can see errors in your server logs but I'm no programmer so whilst they suggest a network issue of some kind I couldn't comment further.

Anyway hope this helps get a resolution

Dugong

Thanks for taking the time Berrick. I had already fiddled around with the things you suggested. Yesterday when I configured the router I activated the service using my tablet rather than my Mediabrowser host machine. Last time I'd activated the service using my host machine. Anyway, fortunately my new modem/router arrived today. This time I activated the service using my host machine again, and voila, everything is working! The local IP changed from 10.1.1.5 to 10.0.0.1. I'm pretty sure this is what it was before. Don't know if this is what made the difference.. but anyway, thanks again, now I just have to get the remote function working!