Web socket messages -- General Commands

illinomad

illinomad

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know which Windows clients, if any, support the SendString general command?(per https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Web-Socket)

I would like to be able to do a remote search for media titles by substring -- akin to the browse results that appear if I locally search for media using the search field in Dashboard. 

I'm trying to use the general commands as documented in the wiki:

1. GoToSearch

2. SendString

The only client on which GoToSearch is "working" for me currently is Dashboard. Sending this message opens a Search panel on the right-hand side of the screen (see screenshot).

However, I can do nothing within this search panel because I can't figure out how to enter a string in the text field. There's no indication that the SendString message is being received. I don't know if there's a log for Dashboard? I couldn't find one. The server log shows nothing.

Is there some other command apart from SendString that I should be using instead?

Thanks in advance.

post-29513-0-54871000-1426104519_thumb.png

not many at this point. if any, i would say mbt and roku but i don't recall if i incorporated send string or not.

illinomad

Thanks for the prompt reply, Luke. Much appreciated.

So far I haven't been able to remote control MBT at all, so I couldn't test SendString with MBT. I asked about this in an earlier post, and some people mentioned that it may not be possible at this point?

Basically, only Dashboard is working for me to any reasonable degree in terms of RC. Alas, not SendString.

illinomad

However, I can do nothing within this search panel because I can't figure out how to enter a string in the text field. There's no indication that the SendString message is being received. I don't know if there's a log for Dashboard? I couldn't find one. The server log shows nothing.

Is there some other command apart from SendString that I should be using instead?

Or some other method to accomplish the objective described in my initial post. thx.

i checked and roku has implemented this. you can always search with the api and then send the browse command. but if you want the search to happen on-screen then i guess you'll have to wait until the apps support these features.