Music Artist is identified as Album

icthusman1

icthusman1

So, I have my music organized properly as defined in the MB Wiki.

• Music
    • Artist
      • Album
        • Track 1
        • Track 2

I was cleaning up a few items yesterday and noticed that one of my artists (Dogwood) was showing up as one of their albums (Reverse then Forward Again). I have tried everything I can think to do and still can't get this identified correctly. My steps taken are:

1. Manually edited metadata. I removed all data pertaining the the album and inserted the MusicBrainz Artist id.
  2. Deleted the album.xml file from the artist directory on the server
  3. Locked the Name from being edited
  4. Refreshed data

The best I have been able to do is this (sorry for the large picture):

5500735c47444_Dogwoodwithtracks.jpg

Notice how all the tracks are listed rather than albums being listed? How do I fix this? I don't want to blow out the entire library as I have had to do a fair amount of cleanup on other items.

I also noticed that when I did a search for Dogwood I got a different result (as seen below).

550073bf29f35_DogwoodArtist.jpg

This is different from the artist I have been trying to edit. When I looked at this one it was showing a few albums, but they are all albums with various artists that Dogwood has one song on. Is this a problem?

icthusman1

I wish this forum auto-subscribed you to threads you start. I missed that you replied since I didn't subscribe to it.

To answer your question, yes. I have I think 2 audio files in the root artist directory. They are not from any albums, just extra tracks the artist released for download. From your reply, I am guessing this must be what is causing the issue. Is there then a best practice for random tracks like these?