No UI feedback from "Update Library"

AdrianW

AdrianW

MBC Version 3.0.256.0

Previously when clicking on "Update Library" (at the bottom of the config page) - a message informing the user that a library refresh had been requested was displayed. Now there is no message at all.

Still works for me but it took several seconds to appear.  

The server has changed how it responds to this request.  It used to respond immediately but now it appears it is not responding until the scan is actually done.

2015-03-11 10:30:03.7801 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 36643.0959 ms.
	Url: http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Refresh?format=Json

@@Luke is this by design?

I'm sure it hasn't always done that but maybe it has for a long time and this is the first time it has been noticed.

When I change the refreshing to a background queue then it will return immediately but I can't do that yet until there's a way to monitor and manage it

AdrianW

I used to get the message immediately - and my scans have always taken at least a minute or two.

I don't actually use that button all that often - just occasionally when I've added new content and forgotten to initiate a refresh elsewhere.

ebr - the old message was quite long and wordy, any chance of changing it to something shorter like "Library refresh started"?

The message needs to make it obvious that you won't see changes in MBC immediately.