Possible Sync pitfalls

jamvids

jamvids

Just thinking about a possible problem that may occur with the Android sync function with meta data in particular images, if they are copied into a folder they may all end up in the devices photo album, as android seems to assume any pic is a photo, and there doesn't seem to be an option to skip or scan any particular folder. This would be really annoying.

swhitmore

Wouldn't the metadata still be contained in the app? The only thing being synced is the video/music.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

I would think that the images would be synced to the root data folder so the app wouldn't actually sync them since the only images it syncs are in the user data folders.

jamvids

It's okay for metadata files to be stored in the app, but if images are too would that not fill the internal memory on my phone? I was hoping that I could just give my external card to media browser (128gb) and not have to worry.

thefirstofthe300

After going back and looking the root data folder, I am not 100% sure where the metadata pictures get cached. If it hasn't appeared in your camera uploads though, I wouldn't worry about it since the same kind of thing would happen I would assume...

Luke would be able to tell you for sure.

jamvids

No worries, just thinking ahead with anticipation really, looking forward to sync.