Sync Config Request

MSattler

MSattler

Team,

Is it possible to make the temp sync directory configurable as well?  The reason I ask is that for my Windows 8" Tablet, I'm limited on space since it is a 32GB tablet.  Now, I have a 64GB microsd card I use, and I have configured the Sync folder there.  What I am seeing though is that it appears like it wants to download all of the files to sync, before copying them from the temp folder to the actual sync folder.  The issue with this is that on large sync requests the c:\ ends up filling up.  While I can delete the temp directory, and re-create it as a symbolic link to a tempsync directory on the microsd card, it's not necessarily user friend?

Thanks,

Marcus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MSattler

Team,

Is it possible to make the temp sync directory configurable as well?  The reason I ask is that for my Windows 8" Tablet, I'm limited on space since it is a 32GB tablet.  Now, I have a 64GB microsd card I use, and I have configured the Sync folder there.  What I am seeing though is that it appears like it wants to download all of the files to sync, before copying them from the temp folder to the actual sync folder.  The issue with this is that on large sync requests the c:\ ends up filling up.  While I can delete the temp directory, and re-create it as a symbolic link to a tempsync directory on the microsd card, it's not necessarily user friend?

Thanks,

Marcus

Is no one else running into this issue?

Thanks!

rondelzer

I set my sync location to my SD card and synced a movie and it is still in the temporary sync folder on C:\

I also have a 32gb on in my tablet and would like the sync not to use it at all. I don't wand the increased wear on the internal storage and it makes the move operation into a copy/delete when the source and destination are not on the same volume

• Like 1