Changing ImagesByName folder location on version 3.0.5518.7

Xaeryth

Xaeryth

I just installed this version of the server to try out this application again (been using Plex for some time now). I "do" already have an extensive ImagesByName folder for all the actors in my collection but it is stored on a separate drive.

My problem is that I can not seem to be able to find where to change the location of the default folders on this version -- I was only able to change the "Cache" location. I can "find" where it tells me the paths (in the Server -> Paths location) but not where to make changes. 

I have seen some posts saying go to the Library -> Advanced but that only gives me a couple of options to detect archives as media and to set up TV to display Specials instead of Season 00. 

I even tried putting it into the Library -> Path Substitution section but that didn't change the default path, either.

Any help would be appreciated because I always liked (and missed) the showing of actor pictures on my movie's selection (and being able to sort my library by them to watch their other movies). 

Thanks!!

X

Vicpa

Hi,

As a follow up question based on this and the other post. If you have any existing install with the IBN in the old default location. Will the  data there be migrated to the new location? Like many folks I have made a lot of changes and additions, editing overview adding images etc.

I sure overtime it will be easier to support one uniform location. Is there a way I can move my existing IBN content and just go forward with the new location ?  

Thanks

berrick

The location of this folder and other useful folders are found on the PC running the server here

%appdata%\mediabrowser-server

Just cut n paste the link above into the search all programs and files box :)

Xaeryth

I appreciate all the responses; however, my question was not where the folder is but how to change where it is pointing. I changed the "cache" folder to my secondary hard drive but the IBN folder was still showing as being on the C drive. There is a LOT of constant writing to this folder and my C drive is SSD. To save on unnecessary writes, I moved this folder to a HDD. If MB3 is no longer able to point to another place, it is not the server for me.

Thanks again but I guess I'm going back to Plex.

Happy2Play

I appreciate all the responses; however, my question was not where the folder is but how to change where it is pointing. I changed the "cache" folder to my secondary hard drive but the IBN folder was still showing as being on the C drive. There is a LOT of constant writing to this folder and my C drive is SSD. To save on unnecessary writes, I moved this folder to a HDD. If MB3 is no longer able to point to another place, it is not the server for me.

Thanks again but I guess I'm going back to Plex.

Go to Dashboard-Metadata-Advanced-"Metadata path", this is where you will point to your new IBN location on new installs.

• Like 1