Harry Potter Collection - Not showing Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Server Log attached)

KayJay
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

KayJay

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a problem with the Harry Potter Collection, first off it was showing deathly hallows part 2 images but playing part 1 of the film. I've sorted this out in meta data manager. Now I have a problem with it not showing the second part at all. The MP4 file is in my root directory for my Movies folder (as are all my other files) but it is just not showing up. I've forced a re-scan of my library, restarted my computer and the MBS but still no luck. I've attached a server log in case that helps anyone pinpoint what's going wrong.

Thanks for any replies, you guys have always been helpful!

Serverlog.txt

Deathsquirrel

Nothing in the log about part 2 that I saw in a quick search.  What is the movie file named, how are your movies organized on the disc and how was your collection created?  What client are you using and do you have this problem in the web ui if you are using some other client?

KayJay

The film is there and here's what it looks like on my G:\ Drive. It doesn't show up in Web UI. I also use a Roku (NowTV) & it isn't showing up on there either. 

KayJay

I've found something out - It has been naming all the movies that have two parts differently. The part one version of harry potter when played would play the part two version. Also (& I know it's a bad movie) but the Twilight breaking Dawn, it had breaking dawn part 1 but was playing part two. I've changed the meta data to the correct IMDB number and refreshed but now it's not showing any of the part two versions of both movies even though they're in my collection. 

• Solution
Deathsquirrel

I can't tell from that screenshot, are you just keeping all the movies together in one folder?  That would look like this

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.mp4

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.mp4

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Par 2.mp4

c:\movies\Willow.mp4

etc.

If so, that could easily be your issue.  The program is designed to support movies that are split into different files and play them in order.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had an issue with knowing that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 are two different movies instead of one movie in two parts.

If you are doing that, try moving the files to separate folders:

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.mp4

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.mp4

c:\movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Par 2\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Par 2.mp4

c:\movies\Willow\Willow.mp4

Personally I also throw the release year into my naming conventions as well so I can tell the difference between Conan the Barbarian (1982) and Conan the Barbarian (2011).

• Like 1

KayJay

I've done this and it worked, thank you very much! Do you know a fast way to move all my movies with the metadata into separate folders? If not it's going to take me hours and hours! 

spootdev

I have a small script to do this in python that could be tweaked to your purpose I spose.  ATM it doesn't update the nfo or sqlite db for new location though!

Edited by spootdev

KayJay

I have a small script to do this in python that could be tweaked to your purpose I spose.  ATM it doesn't update the nfo or sqlite db for new location though!

How does this work? You'll have to dumb it down for me because I don't know anything about scripting.

KayJay

I downloaded this & showed the programme where my movies where stored, clicked Tools>Sort Files into Folders and that did the job in 4-5 seconds. Saved myself plenty of time! Thanks everyone for the help!