Collections...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Is it possible to have collections without having collections?   ;)

So, what I would like to achieve is to have MB3 auto-manage my movies into collections where it sees fit and then without having an actual 'Collections' tab, still see and open up collections in 'Movies'.

So, in short, have this:

54fbebe5acbca_111.png

without this:

54fbec32974ce_222.png

Can that be done at all with the current version? Or is it just that I have not got my settings configured correctly for this? Or do I need to 'Feature Request' this?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

BATTLE DONKEY

Click the user icon in the upper right hand corner, then click my preferences, under the display tab untick "display a collections view...." This will remove the collections tab from the EHS screen and still collapse your movies into collections when viewing all movies

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

And for automatic collection creation use the autoboxset plugin.

Edited by Deathsquirrel

Dodgy Bob

Thanks Battle Donkey and Deathsquirrel, thats what I thought and what I use and hence why I asked the question, you see, I'm doing that but still no dice at my end   :unsure:

Hmmm, I do have one other issue with my MB3 setup at the moment so, given that it is meant to work as detailed above, yet isn't, I might just need a fresh start. Perhaps that will sort this issue and the other I am having. It can't hurt. I'm still not quite finished with my setup just yet anyway, so this will be good.

Thanks folks,

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

OK, so I've been and done the uninstall / re-install / re-configure of MB3 Server and set my preferences up for my user, but still no go. Movies that should be part of a collection are not grouping and are still just showing up individually. What am I doing wrong !? !?

Click the user icon in the upper right hand corner, then click my preferences, under the display tab untick "display a collections view...." This will remove the collections tab from the EHS screen and still collapse your movies into collections when viewing all movies

Yep, been there, done that! That's how it is currently configured for the user.

And for automatic collection creation use the autoboxset plugin.

Yep, again been there, done that ... still doing it too! In fact, I've even gone into the plugin and clicked on the 'Refresh Box Sets' button. Still no dice.

Where to next?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Just to be clear - your collections are working fine you simply want to eliminate the "Collections" view from the main menu?  And, you have de-selected the option to show it and it still is showing up?

I just tested that scenario.  Unchecked the option, hit ok at the bottom, went to Home and no collections view.  Re-checked the option and I had a collections view on the home page again.

Deathsquirrel

I don't use the autoboxset plugin as I don't like all the TMDB collection data, but my understanding is that after it runs your movies should be grouped into collections to match what shows there.  Make sure the plugin has finished rnning.  If there are movies that should be in collections but aren't make sure that a collection exists on TMDB and that the  problem movie is correctly identified to match the one that TMDB says should be in that collection.  I assume this is done by tmdb id.

Dodgy Bob

Oh GRRRRRRG!

Not sure why I didn't try this before - well, actually, I do know, it's because I was just expecting both ways to work and show the same, so I didn't think to check.

Ok, so basically, it's the same issue as my post over here.

Because of the way I have my MB3 experience set up, I'm just entering straight into media folders and consequently that gives me a different view than what I get if I go into 'Movies' via the menu. When I go into 'Movies' via the menu, I see the collections in this view - and yes - the display is how I want it; no 'Collections' entry point on the home screen, but inside, movies grouped into their collections/boxsets.

So, looks like either I have to change the way I do things or I have to put up with how my media is being served ... hmmmm. . . .

Looks as though this is a move-along-folks-nothing-to-see-here type of post! Collections / Boxsets are working as they should.

Thanks lads  :)

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

CashMoney

I just posted in your other thread, but trying playing with the grouping/ungrouping check boxes, you may be able to find a happy medium between the two (folder view and library view).

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

I just posted in your other thread, but trying playing with the grouping/ungrouping check boxes, you may be able to find a happy medium between the two (folder view and library view).

Yep, just saw that. Thanks Cash  :)

• Like 1