Help! Standard definition no longer scales to 1080p

madfloyd

madfloyd

If I watch a dvd rip it is a tiny rectangle in the middle of my 1080p screen.

I don't recall making any settings changes.

I'm using MPC-HC with MADVR and I've checked the Madvr settings to make sure I'm still upscaling and the settings look right.

Any ideas what the culprit could be? It's driving me nuts...

swhitmore

You using WMC? If you are, press the 'info' button, and goto 'Zoom'. Check the setting on that.

madfloyd

You using WMC? If you are, press the 'info' button, and goto 'Zoom'. Check the setting on that.

I am using WMC (media browser 3 classic).  I don't have a remote so not sure what the info button equivalent is on the pc keyboard?

david3663

I think he said he was using mpc-hc if so just right click on the screen during playback and adjust the aspect ratio/ pan & scan settings..

Edited by david3663

madfloyd

I think he said he was using mpc-hc if so just right click on the screen during playback and adjust the aspect ratio/ pan & scan settings..

I did try that but wasn't sure what option to choose.  Along with choices like 'double size' there is a 'stretch to fill screen' which seems to work but the quality of scaling looks bad (or so it was my impression).  Is the right one to use?  I believe I had it this way and then played a 4:3 (1.33:1) and the aspect ratio was wrong (stretched sideways).

There doesn't seem to be a 'stretch to fill screen but maintain original aspect ratio' that I could see....???

There doesn't seem to be a 'stretch to fill screen but maintain original aspect ratio' that I could see....???

I don't use MPC but if that option exists, I'm pretty sure it will be called "zoom".

madfloyd

I don't use MPC but if that option exists, I'm pretty sure it will be called "zoom".

Yeah, I believe it was under 'zoom' actually.  

ebr, you don't use MPC, what do you use?  I didn't even know there was another option.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I had the same issue. 

The solution for me was :

- Install Daemon tool

- Set Daemon tool into MB3C Configuration (with autoplay works for me)

- In the external player configuration for MPC-HC, in the list of medias, uncheck "ISO".