Mediabrowser server unresponsive after idle time

puithove

gsnerf

This has more to do with the number of _other_ devices active while your server is running. The leak apparently is somewhere in the DLNA section of mediabrowser where it tries to update itself with the latest information of DLNA capable devices in the network. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact problem but I see the same behaviour you do.

I'm not sure though that the "too many files open" error actually crashes mediabrowser as I have several of these error messages in my log.

Edited by gsnerf

puithove

You know, I had wondered if it was something with DLNA early on.  I had turned off everything in the DLNA settings though and it didn't change anything.  Wonder if it's still trying to do some of the detection though even with that off.

Jackrats

gsnerf, Have you seen evidence that it is in DLNA specifically?

I know that the first log entries I get when it happens are for being unable to send SSDP NOTIFY messages, but being that those are sent about every 30 seconds, that seemed like it might simply be that the UPnP NOTIFY is the most frequent opener of files on an otherwise idle system.

It definitely does not crash the server -- the server keeps running, it is simply unable to open any new files until it closes others.

I don't really use DLNA, but have various CP's, Media servers and Renderer's which spam their notifies to the network constantly.