Any way to reset the People downloaded images

crashkelly
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

crashkelly

Hi,

I recently converted to the new People folder structure by deleting the contents of the "People" directory in the IBN and letting it rebuild.

I just searched the rebuilt directory for *.png and *.jpg and both come up with nothing.  There are tons of person.xml files though

When I look in the web client for people some do show up, but going from memory, they seem to just be the same ones as before so I imagine they are just in the image cache.

I just ran the "Refresh People" task and it completed in 6 seconds.

Thanks for any assistance and please let me know if a log file will help

Cheers

• Solution

There is a bug in the current server causing those images to get saved into our internal data directories. it will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

crashkelly

Hi,

I was wondering if this was fixed in the latest release. I searched my People folder again and found 2 actor images that were created today so it is probably a safe assumption that it was.

Is the fix to get the missing ones to dump the contents of the People folder and let it all download again? Not a problem if it is but I just want to confirm before trying it.

Thanks

crashkelly

yea you could do that

Thanks. I will do that overnight tonight and post about how it goes

Cheers

crashkelly

Hi,

Been a few days since I looked at this, but it seems that the "Refresh People" task is still having some issues.

The directories are being created without issue, but is seems that actors that existed in the system prior to the update are not being downloaded.

In my IBN People directory I have 629 Files (98 of those are images), and 31,302 Folders.

Every time the "Scan Media Library" occurs it looks like it is trying to get the stuff, there are tons of

2013-11-15 08:32:58.1594, Debug, ProviderManager, Running PersonProviderFromXml for C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People\..\......... (removed the folder and actor name to use as a general example)

There are other errors in the log that are unrelated, I think, to this issue and I am working on solving those independently of this problem

The log is way to big to upload here or to Paste2.org so I dropped it my Google drive

https://docs.google.com/viewer?pid=explorer&srcid=0BzKQ0kXGiwkkZzlLRzVkc1BXc1E&docid=9b1cbbe0a9eb5740627c93d6546302cc%7C18fd0a22aac081c8649a960d246a0f8d&chan=DwAAAI4fpviOEym%2BhxTJY3XD02Q%3D&a=v&rel=zip;z1;server-63520101135.log

Thanks

crashkelly

those actors might already have images in our internal data directory. the fix was not to correct the past mistake, but rather, just to make sure it doesn't happen again. if you really want to start fresh you'll need to delete your library db.

Thanks for the quick reply Luke.

Have never gone the route of deleting library.db before. What should I expect when I do that? (10 word or less info is just fine :D)

Thanks again

WWWestern

(1) Shut down the server before the operation. (2) I woulld kill library.db, tmdb-movies, tvdb-xx, tmdb-people folders and whole content of the People folder. (3) Start the server. (4) And then went to drink a beer/coffee/tea or smoke a cigarette/cigar or or read a newspaper. (5) Return to start Refresh People task. (6) Repeat step 4. 

WWWestern

In my case only killing those folders forced downloading the meta for some episodes, people, images. The populating all of these folders spent not much time compared to the myriads subfolders in People folder.

you don't need to kill those tmdb/tvdb folders. that will have no impact whatsoever and will only make the scan run longer.

Yea but I don't think you quite understand. The data in those folders is kept in sync with the tvdb, tmdb, fanart, etc. So since it's already up to date, deleting it is meaningless. But it's harmless so, no big deal.

those actors might already have images in our internal data directory. the fix was not to correct the past mistake, but rather, just to make sure it doesn't happen again. if you really want to start fresh you'll need to delete your library db.