Sync Question

MSattler

MSattler

When syncing, will MB not move files from the TempSync folder into the Sync folder until all items for a series are copied over?  The reason I ask is I have a Windows tablet with 32GB of space, I'm trying to sync a season that is 15GB in size and there is not enough room on the c:\.  Therefore I have a 64GB microsd card, and moved the sync folder to that drive.  However, I see nothing in the sync folder, and 4 files in the temp sync folder, 3 of which appear completed size wise, but have not moved over.

If it moves everything once complete, can I make the tempsync folder a symbolic link to the MicroSD card?

Thanks!

MSattler

Looks like creating a symbolic link works, mklink /d TempSync d:\TempSync

Would love to know more about how Sync works, for instance does it stop if the drive runs low on space?  Does it transfer everything at once for a reason, or did I run into this only because I choose original.

Thanks!

MSattler

Sounds like those are questions specific to the W8 app so maybe @@7illusions can help answer...

Yeah,

I wasn't sure where to post it because I'm not sure if this is a client pull thing, or a server push or how it works.  For initial troubleshooting for the early stages of this and other sync apps, it may make sense if we document somewhere generally how the dataflow/process of sync works.